This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate this DLC character idea day 8 Vaati.

User Info: MrSirDrProf_sma

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#1
How much do you like this moveset? - Results (30 votes)
36.67% (11 votes)
3.33% (1 vote)
16.67% (5 votes)
6.67% (2 votes)
10% (3 votes)
3.33% (1 vote)
6.67% (2 votes)
0% (0 votes)
3.33% (1 vote)
13.33% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Image http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/081/7/9/vaati_reborn_by_dragonlordrynn-d4tkivx.jpg

-Stats-
Attack:7.5/10
Speed:5/10
Height:6/10
Weight:5.5/10

-Special Attributes- Vaati can summon upto 4 floating eyes that work for both offense and defense. Each eye has 15% stamina.
Vaati is both a skilled swordsman and a powerful dark mage. As such his basic attacks rely on his sword but are enhanced by the eyes dark powers.

-Standard Attacks- The eyes will ram into nearby opponents along with his slashes. Each hit from each eye does adds 1% dmg to the combo, which doesn't sound like alot but with 4 eyes flying around him with each attack adds up.

Neutral Combo: 2 horizontal slashes fallowed by a upward vertical slash done while the eyes quickly spin around him with every attack

Side Tilt: A quick stab forward as all eyes currently out will collide with the opponent just ahead.

Up Tilt: A upward sweeping slash fallowed by the eyes.

Down Tilt: A low sweeping slash that's fallowed by the eyes.

Dash Attack: A running spinning slash again the eyes will fallow his sword with each spin.

-Smash Attacks- Like the basic attacks his eyes will do extra dmg with the main smash attacks via eye lasers. 1-4 deals a total of 4-16% dmg, with 4% per eye laser.

Side Smash: Vaati creates a dark vortex to suck opponents in then creates a small explosion. The vortex deals multiple small hits and upto 8% and the explosion deals 12% dmg without any eyes.

Up Smash: Vaati creates a strong whirlwind that carries opponents straight up. It travels 1/2 of FD's length (making its range and ko power really impressive) and does upto 19% dmg from several small hits without any eyes.

Down Smash: Vaati creates 2 large arms made of dark energy that slam down 1 on each side of him. Does 1 strong hit and 22% dmg without any eyes.

-Air Attacks- Vaati has good air game. (He's a wind mage after all) His air attacks deal more dmg then his basic ground attacks and the wind will add to his knockback and even a little more range from the wind each attack creates.

Neutral Air: Vaati creates a small whirlwind around himself that does minor damage before spreading out a couple of feet to carry opponents away.

Forward Air: Vaati does a downward slash ahead of himself. Which causes a small whirlwind that moves a couple of feet ahead.

Back Air: Vaati quickly turns and slashes behind him creating a whirlwind that surrounds himself.

Up Air: Vaati swings his sword in a circle motion which also leaves behind a whirlwind that last a couple seconds.

Down Air: Vaati does a stomp attack and creates a strong wind that pushes opponents straight down.

-Throws-

Pummel: Vaati hits opponents with the hilt of his sword.

Forward Throw: Vaati throws opponents forward then creates a dark wind that blows his opponent farther ahead.

Back Throw: Vaati throws opponents backwards then a gust carries his opponent back.

Up Throw: Vaati holds opponents up before a whirlwind flies straight up carrying his opponent towards their doom.

Down Throw: Vaati traps his opponent in a vortex before slamming them on the ground.

Continued next post.
Pokemon X/Y IGN:Scott
FC:3823-8825-0484

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#2
-Specials-

Neutral Special: Eye summon- Vaati creates upto 4 floating eyes that can defend him or aid in his attacks. Each has a stamina of 17%.

Side Special: Firestorm- Vaati quickly shoots fireballs forwards. Mid ranged each fireball deals 4% dmg and the eyes will form a row infront of Vaati and shoot smaller lasers ahead. (each deals 2% dmg) Good for racking up dmg.

Up Special: Teleport- ...

Down Special: Flame Cyclone/Bolt Strike- The eyes will move farther away from Vaati (3ft) surrounded in black flames and rapidly spin in a large circle, while they do that Vaati charges and throws balls of electricity. Each hit from a eye deals 4% dmg and the electric balls deal 10% on contact. He can use upto 3 shots before he enters a "cool down period" of 3.seconds where the move can't be used. (To avoid a ton of spamming)

Final Smash: Dark Wrath- Vaati turns into his giant flying eye form and summons a large wicked looking tornado about 1/4 FD's width and as tall as FD's total length. It deals upto 50% dmg and swiftly carries opponents upwards to their doom.

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#3
Anybody else? :/

User Info: snazzyCAT

snazzyCAT
4 years ago#4
I'm not really the biggest fan of Vaati, but you made a pretty decent moveset for him.

I voted 4.
Stay snazzy everybody!
NNID: Mr.Minigun22

User Info: SnipestSniper

SnipestSniper
4 years ago#5
The gimmick with the eyes sounds cool and all, but he really shouldn't use a sword imo. Vaati isn't known to use a weapon of any kind really, and although he is a skilled swordsman, he relies on his powerful magic.
A.K.A your superior (and Captain Troll Brigade to the Daisy alts)
I am everyone's senpai.

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#6
SnipestSniper posted...
The gimmick with the eyes sounds cool and all, but he really shouldn't use a sword imo. Vaati isn't known to use a weapon of any kind really, and although he is a skilled swordsman, he relies on his powerful magic.

I know but I wanted to represent all of his character plus I didn't want to have wind spells for every move... Though admittedly I could've used more stuff involving his final forms arms or something.

And thanks for feedback other then the usual 1/10 this sucks or the he doesn't do move x so the whole thing sukz that I've gotten in the past.

User Info: warriorman222

warriorman222
4 years ago#7
snazzyCAT posted...
I'm not really the biggest fan of Vaati, but you made a pretty decent moveset for him.

I voted 4.

If it's decent then why did you rate 4?
3866-8698-4754 Octillery, Quagsire, Frogadier. GT:CaTaClYsM. Links to borrow for idc/NO : http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png and http://i.imgur.com/J0YBPHP.png

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#8
Bump.

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#9
Bump again.

MrSirDrProf_sma
4 years ago#10
Last bump I guess...
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate this DLC character idea day 8 Vaati.
  • Topic Archived