This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Everyone who plays Smash for Wii U, READ THIS!!

User Info: Mr_Red_Herring

Mr_Red_Herring
5 years ago#11
Another reason why we should be able to backup our save data for use on another console. If something happens to your console then the data becomes unrecoverable. All trophies, special moves, records, etc gone forever.

It happened to me in Brawl (lost all trophies) and it could happen to you.
http://tinyurl.com/mr-red-herring

User Info: quinfordmac

quinfordmac
5 years ago#12
Mr_Red_Herring posted...
Another reason why we should be able to backup our save data for use on another console. If something happens to your console then the data becomes unrecoverable. All trophies, special moves, records, etc gone forever.

How does one backup all the data? I know this is a n00b question
Host of Super Smash Bros. News Network! Bringing you hotter things than Zero Suit Samus!
YouTube: https://www.YouTube.com/user/GmeCompany

User Info: Mr_Red_Herring

Mr_Red_Herring
5 years ago#13
quinfordmac posted...
Mr_Red_Herring posted...

How does one backup all the data? I know this is a n00b question

Not a n00b question at all, they made it extremely difficult, and even if you back up the data, it is locked for use to that Wii U. So if something happens to your console, you cannot access your save data from another Wii U. Even if you send your console to Nintendo for repairs, there is no guarantee that the backup data will be usable. And if for some reason you need to reset your console to factory settings, the backup also becomes useless.

For Wii U games, you cannot backup your data on a SD Card. You need to get a USB storage device and format the USB storage device specifically for the Wii U. In the System Tools menu there is a data option and from there you can COPY, MOVE or DELETE whole games stored on the internal flash memory or save game data.

But again, you cannot simply plug the USB drive with the backed data into another Wii U if your console fails or if you want to play at a friend's house that doesn't have all the characters/stages/custom specials.
http://tinyurl.com/mr-red-herring

User Info: hekifier

hekifier
5 years ago#14
We really need to keep this bumped, people.
3DS Friend Code 3196-4467-5539
You can't help the helpless.

User Info: cawmaster5

cawmaster5
5 years ago#15
Xyekenvort posted...

- NEVER TURN OFF YOUR WII U WHILE IN THE GAME! Always close it, wait for the Wii U Menu and then turn it off.
(

**** i've been doing that
Indy Colts: OSU Buckeyes:

User Info: LifeCarrier

LifeCarrier
5 years ago#16
Thread should be stickied.

This happened to me just today, I have turned off the Wii U while the game is on (never while saving or loading obviously)

Fist time it happened was on a team smash match online everyone was ready and just after the bell that rings before the match starts it went black and showed me a screen with this error.

Already deleted update data and downloaded it again but it solved nothing so save your time and don't try that.

Used another NID and was able to play 2 matches before it happened. I know it's crazy to think so, but I hope it's not some kind of virus that you can get from other people, I'm hearing so many reports about this.

User Info: Xyekenvort

Xyekenvort
5 years ago#17
I sent mine for repair today. The warranty was going to expire today, and Nintendo's phoneline is only available from Monday to Friday. I had no choice :(

I highly doubt it's a "virus". The servers and online is controlled by Nintendo, how the hell would that even be possible? But don't quote me on that, might look like an idiot later :P

I just hope this issue can be fixed, i'd hate for more people to be affected by this...

User Info: MistahTwistah

MistahTwistah
5 years ago#18
This s*** is scarier than the Lumiose City glitch.
IDK

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
5 years ago#19
Does anyone even know what causes this glitch? Like, not the source of the problem, but how it gets to be a problem.
THEY SPEAK SPANISH IN SPAIN! It's basic logic, LEARN IT!
-doodledaman237

User Info: hekifier

hekifier
5 years ago#20
Nintendo really needs to take action like they did with the Poke'mon X/Y glitch as well as the Skyward Sword bug and make an official statement and offer a fix for those affected as well as preventing any new outbreaks. Something as simple as making a saving icon would prevent people from turning their game off in the middle of saving. Crap like this really makes me not want to play Smash Bros Wii U even know I've had more fun with it than I've had with any other game in years.
3DS Friend Code 3196-4467-5539
You can't help the helpless.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Everyone who plays Smash for Wii U, READ THIS!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers