This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Everyone who plays Smash for Wii U, READ THIS!!

User Info: Xyekenvort

Xyekenvort
4 years ago#1
Damn...the strangest thing happened to me, this morning...

So I turned on my Wii U, to play some smash, but an error message pops up saying "There is a problem with the Sytem Memory. For help, make a note of the error code and visit support.nintendo.com - Error 160-0103".

I did some research and it seems many people are having this issue. Nothing works as of now, deleting system and save files don't solve it and trying to delete the update only results in the same error message. Every other game I have works fine, the console only has problems loading Smash. I have a video of someone having the same exact problem i'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLm7cvkDrY

It's weird because i've played yesterday and it worked fine. It wasn't always turned on either, I did 3 playing sessions in total. I don't mean to cause panic or anything, but this is NOT an isolated issue. It's happening to many people and it's spreading, so everyone who plays Smash BE VERY CAREFUL! Do EVERYTHING you can to avoid possible file corruption:

- NEVER TURN OFF YOUR WII U WHILE IN THE GAME! Always close it, wait for the Wii U Menu and then turn it off.
- Never hook off your Wii U. If it's doing something, like deleting a file or updating or something, and it's taking longer than usual always wait for it to do something. It might be able to advance eventually, only if it doesn't you go ahead and unplug it.
- Blackouts cannot be predicted, but it's safe to say it can cause trouble xD

Wii U...you're great and all, you certainly have the best games by far, but your hardware is some of the worst i've ever seen :(

User Info: ChaosInvoker

ChaosInvoker
4 years ago#2
Ouch...
Thanks for the heads up! Hope your Wii U comes back to life. Try calling Nintendo or use their repair service!
[ ;; [__] ;; ] * (BANG) * (+o' [___] ' ::)
[ + [__] :: ] {clash of the pocket size toys}

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
4 years ago#3
Good thing I always close any game that I'm in before closing my Wii U!
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!

User Info: Xyekenvort

Xyekenvort
4 years ago#4
I went to the retailer where I bought it, and they sent it for repair.

I sure hope they can fix the issue, and I REALLY HOPE that I don't lose all my digital games :(

User Info: MaplesGrandGM

MaplesGrandGM
4 years ago#5
If everything you ever download is tied to your NNID, you can get it recovered through Nintendo. Your save data would be lost if you brought it to a retailer.

This, sounds like a glitch that Nintendo is gonna have to fix and patch if possible. You say everything else still works, and the people who get it really bad, are the people that try to fix something they don't understand, on their own.

If everything else is working, why would you not call Nintendo, and ask them about it before taking it to the retailer? They probably don't really care about your data, and if all your other games are working, as you stated, then you should have been able to back up at least the save data, and I only say at least, cause I'm not sure how far you can go with back up, but in this case, you probably wouldn't want to back up everything anyway.

I only just got the game last night, and I'm hoping nothing like this happens to me, but my brother and I played it for over 6-7 hours straight (stayed up all night). He turned it off though, and I'm not sure how, so I guess I'll see what happens next time I boot it up.
3DS FC: 2852-8061-6986
Currently Playing: Pokemon X/Y - Let me know if you add me, so I can add you!

User Info: --Ephraim8

--Ephraim8
4 years ago#6
Same thing happened on my 3DS. It's currently being repaired
Not changing this line until Ephraim is in SSB. Started 8/1/14
One of the Heads of the GFaqs FE pairing committee.

User Info: ExcIusivity69

ExcIusivity69
4 years ago#7
Xyekenvort posted...
-NEVER TURN OFF YOUR WII U WHILE IN THE GAME! Always close it, wait for the Wii U Menu and then turn it off.
-Never hook off your Wii U. If it's doing something, like deleting a file or updating or something, and it's taking longer than usual always wait for it to do something. It might be able to advance eventually, only if it doesn't you go ahead and unplug it.

There are people that actually do this? LOL!!!
I thought it was legit because it was Japanese. - jogglypuff

User Info: MickeyRocksa

MickeyRocksa
4 years ago#8
ExcIusivity69 posted...
Xyekenvort posted...
-NEVER TURN OFF YOUR WII U WHILE IN THE GAME! Always close it, wait for the Wii U Menu and then turn it off.
-Never hook off your Wii U. If it's doing something, like deleting a file or updating or something, and it's taking longer than usual always wait for it to do something. It might be able to advance eventually, only if it doesn't you go ahead and unplug it.

There are people that actually do this? LOL!!!

for the 3ds version just closing the system may require a restart
Smashfaqs Maestro 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 pm me 1st
Its all just a game. So I have the Strategy to win it

User Info: hekifier

hekifier
4 years ago#9
Great. Something new to worry about. Hopefully Nintendo releases a patch soon.
3DS Friend Code 3196-4467-5539
You can't help the helpless.

User Info: JorentyIII

JorentyIII
4 years ago#10
wow
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Everyone who plays Smash for Wii U, READ THIS!!
  • Topic Archived