This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. A better explanation of the "leak" -- hopefully this answers all questions

User Info: RyanCE

RyanCE
6 years ago#1
Here's the story.

About a week ago, respectable NeoGAF member Sal Romano, who runs a site called Gematsu, received an email from a source claiming that Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fitness Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii would be revealed at E3. Sal did not post this on his site because he wasn't able to verify the information, but he did jokingly post the list a day before SSB4's reveal on NeoGAF as a "prediction" just in case it was correct.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Look at the date. It's important to note that the post hasn't been edited at all.

Sal told me that as soon as Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, he ran and posted the list on his site because he knew at that point it couldn't have been a lucky guess from his source.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

I received some additional verification that I'm not going to post, but that's the gist of it all. Sal's legit and his source is credible. It's only a matter of whether Nintendo decided at the last minute to change their E3 plans and hold off on Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii.

User Info: Companion_Cube_

Companion_Cube_
6 years ago#2
There's still another day of E3.

User Info: DeZA_Dee

DeZA_Dee
6 years ago#3
Great stuff. I trust you dude.

Let's hope...

...............................tomorrow.....

My body is ready
PSN: DeZA_UK

User Info: Megagunstarman

Megagunstarman
6 years ago#4
Remember when GameFAQs discovered the full roster for UMvC3 the day the game was announced?
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11

User Info: JC152

JC152
6 years ago#5
Do you know if Sal has more information, or will get more information? At this point, we could have the entire roster spoiled before the first newcomer that's not part of the three is revealed.

RyanCE
6 years ago#6
Megagunstarman posted...
Remember when GameFAQs discovered the full roster for UMvC3 the day the game was announced?

Of course I do -- I started the topic! :)

User Info: Megagunstarman

Megagunstarman
6 years ago#7
CAW Evolution posted...
I started the topic! :)

Yup ;)
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11

User Info: Jacornonthecob

Jacornonthecob
6 years ago#8
Megagunstarman posted...

That was awesome, WFT is better than Rocket Raccoon.

User Info: bratzboy

bratzboy
6 years ago#9
Companion_Cube_ posted...

Aren't all the reveals typically only on the first few days?

RyanCE
6 years ago#10
bratzboy posted...
Companion_Cube_ posted...

Aren't all the reveals typically only on the first few days?

Yes, but Sakurai is known for E3 surprises. Brawl's trailer didn't debut at the 2006 E3 press conference; rather, there was a surprise late night conference that nobody knew about.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. A better explanation of the "leak" -- hopefully this answers all questions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A