This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Japanese opinions regarding various Nintendo games (especially the FE series)

User Info: Arcasaurus

Arcasaurus
6 years ago#11
Mind sending a PM of the site to me too? And yeah, that Mother 3 score is brutal. >_>
(message deleted)

User Info: OnionOfMystery

OnionOfMystery
6 years ago#13
Cell Junior posted...
Also, its funny to see the Japanese hate the post-64 Star Fox games (Adventures, Assault, Command) and Metroid Other M as much as the West does.

This.
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."

User Info: Snakey

Snakey
6 years ago#14
Arcasaurus posted...
Mind sending a PM of the site to me too? And yeah, that Mother 3 score is brutal. >_>

Okay. However, that Mother 3 score is not that bad (above 8.0 if there was a Western equivalent). The reason why there is some divide among Japanese fans for Mother 3 is because they waited since 1994 for Mother 3, and when it finally came it was not leaps and bounds more epic than Mother 2, and also due to the game being a bit more different than the previous two games and for it being "depressing".

If you want an idea of a game that received a brutal score:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn received only 41 points, with a grade of (E).
Play It Loud

User Info: VictoryBadguy

VictoryBadguy
6 years ago#15
Interesting. People on the internet are always spouting off on how Japanese gamers hate FPS games and thus hate the Prime games, but Prime 3 and Prime 1 Wii scored pretty high.

Lol at Other M.
Eternally waiting for that SG 360 patch...

User Info: SmokedChili

SmokedChili
6 years ago#16
Snakey posted...
Arcasaurus posted...

Okay. However, that Mother 3 score is not that bad (above 8.0 if there was a Western equivalent). The reason why there is some divide among Japanese fans for Mother 3 is because they waited since 1994 for Mother 3, and when it finally came it was not leaps and bounds more epic than Mother 2, and also due to the game being a bit more different than the previous two games and for it being "depressing".

So it's something like between Duke Nukem Forever and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 (the Japanese appearantly preferred the earlier quirky one).
I came... to this topic.
And I just orgasmed.

Snakey
6 years ago#17
VictoryBadguy posted...
Interesting. People on the internet are always spouting off on how Japanese gamers hate FPS games and thus hate the Prime games, but Prime 3 and Prime 1 Wii scored pretty high.

Lol at Other M.

The truly ironic thing is that Sakamoto made Other M to cater more to the Japanese gamer population but it ended up alienating Japanese Metroid fans more than the Prime games did.
Play It Loud

Snakey
6 years ago#18
SmokedChili posted...

So it's something like between Duke Nukem Forever and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 (the Japanese appearantly preferred the earlier quirky one).

No no no. Mother 3 is nowhere near the same boat as Duke Nukem Forever was for the Japanese aside from those games having been in development hell for over a decade, and the final product disappointing some (though DNF was legitimately a sub-par game, while Mother 3 is among the best RPGs for the GBA).

For comparison sake, FE13 has 69 points now, while Mother 3's aggregate is 66 points. If Mother 3 has a "bad score" then so does FE13.

Like I said, a 6.5+ score on that site is the equivalent of getting above 8.0 in the West.
Play It Loud

User Info: SmokedChili

SmokedChili
6 years ago#19
VictoryBadguy posted...

Lol at Other M.

On the other hand, Other M has sold more copies than the Prime games there. Individually, at least.
I came... to this topic.
And I just orgasmed.

Snakey
6 years ago#20
SmokedChili posted...

On the other hand, Other M has sold more copies than the Prime games there. Individually, at least.

Nope. Prime 1 and Prime Hunters sold more. And Other M only sold marginally better than Prime 3 did in Japan.
Play It Loud
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Japanese opinions regarding various Nintendo games (especially the FE series)
  • Topic Archived