This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Factual Evidence Confirming The Inclusion of Cloud Strife In SSB4:

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
7 years ago#1
-Cloud Strife's Japanese voice actor in Advent Children is Takahiro Sakurai.
-The creator of the SSB series is Masahiro Sakurai.
-Cloud's VA and SSB's creator have the same last name.
-Therefore familial ties connect Cloud and the creator of SSB.

-Masahiro Sakurai and Takahiro Sakurai are both Asian.
-Masahiro Sakurai and Takahiro Sakurai are part of the same family.
-People in Asian cultures have strong loyalties to their family.
-Therefore Masahiro Sakurai and Takahiro Sakurai have strong loyalty toward one another.

-Masahiro Sakurai and Takahiro Sakurai are loyal to one another.
-When people are loyal to each other they are willing to help each other.
-Takahiro Sakurai has not had as much demand for his talents as Cloud's voice since AC was released and he could use some extra money from another gig as Cloud.
-Therefore Masahiro Sakurai will find a way to let Takahiro Sakurai make money with his Cloud voice again.

-Sakurai will find an opportunity for Sakurai to use his cloud voice.
-Sakurai makes Super Smash Brothers, a game where the fighters speak more than any other characters.
-Sakurai wants Sakurai to use his Cloud voice a lot so he can get paid more.
-Therefore Sakurai will make Cloud playable in order to best help a fellow Sakurai in need.
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong

User Info: Hejiru206

Hejiru206
7 years ago#2
Plus he was featured heavily in the opening scene of the SSE, the same scene that confirmed Ridley as a playable character.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: Mottman

Mottman
7 years ago#3
*reads topic title*

NOOOOOOOOOOO-

...oh wait, Gene topic. Never mind.
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: BlitzkriegBryce

BlitzkriegBryce
7 years ago#4
Uhh you do realize that in Japan (and China also I think) the family name is before the given name. They have as much relation as two guys named Steve.
"Ha-ha! I threw that **** before I walked in the room!" - Black Dynamite
GT/PSN: BlitzkriegBryce

ViewtifulGene
7 years ago#5
BlitzkriegBryce posted...
Uhh you do realize that in Japan (and China also I think) the family name is before the given name. They have as much relation as two guys named Steve.

Uhh you do realize that in Japan they're referred to as Sakurai Masahiro and Sakurai Takahiro. They have as much relation as two guys with a surname of Jones.
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer

ViewtifulGene
7 years ago#6
Hejiru206 posted...
Plus he was featured heavily in the opening scene of the SSE, the same scene that confirmed Ridley as a playable character.

Cloud was also featured quite prominently in many Mario games.

User Info: endlessbonbonz

endlessbonbonz
7 years ago#7
itz obvious Tifa > cloud therfore Tifa 4 SSB4!!!!
MOAR GURLZ For Sm4sh!

User Info: MagiusNecros

MagiusNecros
7 years ago#8
Little did Gene know that the character that would be joining would be GILGAMESH.
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board

User Info: LegendofLegaia

LegendofLegaia
7 years ago#9
endlessbonbonz posted...

What about Aerith and Yuffie?
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one

ViewtifulGene
7 years ago#10
LegendofLegaia posted...
endlessbonbonz posted...

What about Aerith and Yuffie?

One could argue that Tifa is more important than both of them, considering Aeris doesn't get as much screentime after disc 1 and Yuffie is an optional party member.

Besides, when a game is as piss-easy as FF7, you need something to keep the battles interesting. And as anyone in Vegas will tell you, whores and gambling makes everything more interesting. Tifa brings plenty of Vegas flair to FF7 with her provocative clothing and slots-based Limit Breaks. I would argue that Tifa is more important to FF7 than any other character because even though the game has whores and gambling served separately on some occasions, Tifa delivers whores and gambling together and is almost always available for your party.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Factual Evidence Confirming The Inclusion of Cloud Strife In SSB4:
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A