This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate/Critique my Daisy moveset

User Info: Winglerfish

Winglerfish
8 years ago#1
After seeing most of Daisy's potential movesets involving Mario Party games, sports moves, and accusations of being a Peach clone, I created this moveset as something of a self-challenge to see if I could avoid all of those (spoiler alert: I failed, but I still had fun making it). Although Daisy's chances of being in this game are most likely slim to none, I like to think that this could be a viable move set.

Dasiy weighs about as much as Zelda and falls a bit like Samus. She moves and jumps slightly slower and lower than Peach, but is also slightly heavier to compensate. However, her second jump is almost as high as her first one, giving her better arial recovery.

'''Special Moves'''
B: Flower Guard - Inspired by the Heart item in MK:DD. Daisy twirls once and is surrounded by two "Daisy emblems." While activated, the move automatically catches thrown items and blocks projectiles, although it can only block two before it has to be reused. The move can be interrupted while Daisy spins, when she is unable to block/dodge. The barrier lasts until it is used up or Daisy falls, whichever comes first. If Daisy is already holding an item, nonexplosives vanish/break, and explosives are detonated.

Side B: Flowerbed Return - Used in Mario Tennis. Daisy quickly dives a fair distance forward, covering the ground below her in flowers. At the end of the dive, she swings with a tennis racket, which knocks enemies behind her. While the majority of the move has almost no knockback, enemies standing in the flowers after the move's completion have a flower placed on their heads. From a standing position, the startup resembles Fox's side B, but it can be used while moving without pausing. This move cannot be used in the air.

Down B: Crystal Crush - Strikers Charged. Depending on whether the move is used in the air or on the ground, Daisy either somersaults before doing a ground-pound or quickly punches the ground. Both versions cause large orange crystals to burst from the ground on either side of her, which vanish after a second or two. While shooting out, the crystals can inflict multiple hits like Peach's parasol attack, and while active they can act as a barrier to projectiles.

Up B: Wonder Flower - Mario Tennis. Daisy raises her hand, causing several rings of multicolored petals to collect around it. In the air, she also floats upward. At the end of the attack, she fires a "Daisy emblem" that travels slowly forward or diagonally down. It inflicts roughly 15-20% damage and is somewhat difficult to see through the multiple other petals in the animation. After the emblem is fired, she falls.

FS: Crystal Daisy - Strikers Charged. Daisy transforms into her Strikers outfit and becomes coated in turquoise crystal. In this form, she jumps higher, moves faster, and is about four times as heavy. All of her special attacks have been improved as well (Flower Guard now reflects projectiles, Flowerbed Return's range is doubled, Crystal Crush creates a shockwave that buries nearby enemies not caught by the crystal, and Wonder Flower now shoots three emblems in an arc.) However, her aerial attacks are rendered almost useless by her lack of hang time, she automatically falls off the stage instead of swimming, and she is unable to stand on passable platforms, limiting her to the ground for the duration of the Smash.

The rest of the moveset will also be posted. Tell me what you think of it so far.
In reaching towards Heaven, our heads are filled with clouds. In bracing against the Earth, our hearts are filled with stones.

User Info: Michaeloll

Michaeloll
8 years ago#2
please don't try to guess her chances. you don't know her chances for sure. we can assume she has as much of a chance as toad bwoser jr. and waluigi and paper mario and toadette and still be wrong. there is no one lading potential new mario rep. it's the luck of the draw.

anyway, this moveset is horrible. are you even putting daisy in her sports outfit?

many many many MANY people do not want daisy because somehow they think she'd be in her dress. Do they think the game designers are mental??? Any common person would know that clones are frowned upon,and most of daisy's recent appearances sport her sports outfit. why would they keep her in a dress when people want a peach in a sports outfit?

solutiion : daisy. peach must stay in her dress to float, like super mario bros. 2. the old games demos you can play as brawl features smb2 and you are forced to play as peach, in her dress, from back then. it's unlikely peach will get out of her dress.

daisy can kick slap and kick for the majority of her moves, a normal fighter. her final smash does not have to be strikers. i'd love to see someone make a final smash NOT based off of ANY of her specials. a good one at that. THEN i'd be impressed.

Michaeloll
8 years ago#3
the only thing i like is the down crystal smash. i'm pretty sure most movesets have that, since it's a pretty nice concept.

her recovery could be better and could feature a daisy and petals falling off. her moves can be made up. moveset potential was voted among us as a horrible reason for excluding a character. don't feel restricted to tennis and sports games.

Winglerfish
8 years ago#4
Thank you for reviewing so quickly, I appreciate it. However, I'd like to raise a couple of points.

1) I may be completely wrong about this, but I was working under the impression that characters from series within the game were either fairly important to the series (ex: Mario) or highly promoted/popular (ex: Lucario). Although my words were not the most thought out, what I meant to say was that, in general, aside from Super Mario Land, Daisy has only appeared in spinoffs, which can be said for most of the other characters you listed. I completely agree with you, it truly is the luck of the draw.

2) Could you please tell me how the moveset is horrible? Her Strikers outfit would most likely be her chosen costume because it is popular, fairly current, and would differentiate her from Peach, but I felt like it wouldn't matter as far as the moveset goes. Also: her most recent appearances were in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Party 9. I didn't see any Strikers outfit there.

3) I've heard the clone argument before, but the dress argument is new to me and it seems like you're confusing the two. A clone is a character that shares a more or less identical moveset with another character, not a character that happens to be similar in appearance to another. You wouldn't say that Ike is a clone of Marth, would you?

4) The FS is not based on her down b. Crystal Smash is an item in Strikers Charged, while the FS was based on her Mega Strike. And what most existing Final Smashes have going for them IS either an improvement of a basic move (Mario's fireballs --> Mario Finale), something iconic of the character (Capt. Falcon's Blue Falcon), or both (Beast Ganon is basically a Warlock Punch that stuns, has wider range, and hits across the entire stage, arguably. If not, it falls into the second category). Barring cold-clocking Bowser in her first Mario Party appearance, her Mega Strike is really all she has.

5) The "petals falling off" thing has been done a lot. I was trying to come up with something fairly new. The point of the moveset, while conceptually based on some aspects of Peach's moveset (clone, lol) was to reduce aerial time and close the gap between Daisy and the opponent. Neutral B shuts down projectiles (a bit broken, I guess), Side B is for movement, Down B is for attacking outright and blocking projectiles some more, and Up B was admittedly tacked on, but emphasizes that Daisy's recovery is fairly horrible, further distancing her from Peach.

While I feel I'm being a bit over-defensive, I also feel like that had to be cleared up. However, I feel obligated to take your review into consideration and thank you for taking the time to post.
In reaching towards Heaven, our heads are filled with clouds. In bracing against the Earth, our hearts are filled with stones.

Michaeloll
8 years ago#5
Winglerfish posted...

2) Could you please tell me how the moveset is horrible? Her Strikers outfit would most likely be her chosen costume because it is popular, fairly current, and would differentiate her from Peach, but I felt like it wouldn't matter as far as the moveset goes. Also: her most recent appearances were in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Party 9. I didn't see any Strikers outfit there.

4) The FS is not based on her down b. Crystal Smash is an item in Strikers Charged, while the FS was based on her Mega Strike. And what most existing Final Smashes have going for them IS either an improvement of a basic move (Mario's fireballs --> Mario Finale), something iconic of the character (Capt. Falcon's Blue Falcon), or both (Beast Ganon is basically a Warlock Punch that stuns, has wider range, and hits across the entire stage, arguably. If not, it falls into the second category). Barring cold-clocking Bowser in her first Mario Party appearance, her Mega Strike is really all she has.

5) The "petals falling off" thing has been done a lot. I was trying to come up with something fairly new. The point of the moveset, while conceptually based on some aspects of Peach's moveset (clone, lol) was to reduce aerial time and close the gap between Daisy and the opponent. Neutral B shuts down projectiles (a bit broken, I guess), Side B is for movement, Down B is for attacking outright and blocking projectiles some more, and Up B was admittedly tacked on, but emphasizes that Daisy's recovery is fairly horrible, further distancing her from Peach.

2 and 4... yeah one or two strikers games does NOT represent daisy the most. Her sports outfit represents Daisy a WHOLE lot more than some outfit in two games. Her sports outfit is in baseball, golf, and even mario and sonic! You're claiming these strikers games are the only key point to daisy, and you shouldn't make so much things associated to it... ESPECIALLY how her outfit would be her strikers outfit. JUST because her trophy in brawl was in her strikers outfit does NOT mean that should be her main outfit if she were playable... her most recent appearance when development of this game started was mario tennis open with her sports outfit. Her strikers outfit is NOT recent compared to her sports outfit..

In number 4 you say daisy's strikers move is iconic of her.... no that is NOT iconic of Daisy. Do you see her using this in mario super sluggers or mario tennis open? The final smash should be made up with some use of flowers. Sort of how Peach's final smash was made up.. One or two stinky soccer games is NOT the core of Daisy's popularity, nor can I even IMAGINE what made you come to that conclusion.

And for number 5, you have enough unique moves to allow for at least ONE common move seen in other movesets, it's not over pushing it to use ONE of the same moves we commonly see.

I'm sorry but the fact that it sounds like you're claiming her STRIKERS outfit would make the best choice? Like wut? That does NOT make sense... her sports outfit is MUCH MUCH better suited for her as it covers a VARIETY of times, sports, AND is more recent and well known and takes up about over half of all her clothing apparel based off of her appearances. [A majority of Daisy's appearances show her in her sports outfits, as opposed to two random games some people might have never played!]

Winglerfish
8 years ago#6
Ah. I think I see what happened. I apparently misunderstood what you meant by "sports outfit" and misconstrued that to mean "Strikers outfit." My mistake. Although, going off of that, point number 2 WAS disregarding what appearance she would have in general and focusing more on the moveset itself. However, I'm a little confused as to why the outfit is so important. Aside from ZSS regardless of clothing.

I also feel like you're putting words in my mouth on point number 4, but what I was trying to get at is that Daisy's mega strike is big, flashy, and taken directly from an outside source like roughly half or so existing final smashes, and I don't know what I could do with the many, many existing or unused moves that are surely representative and have FS potential. I'm not advocating overrepresentation for Strikers, it's just the result of a small reference pool.

I'll post the rest of the moveset eventually, covering everything I left out.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate/Critique my Daisy moveset
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A