• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fortune Street
  3. Error When Replacing Mt. Magmageddon

User Info: FamiliarRelic

FamiliarRelic
11 months ago#1
I'm new when it comes to replacing Fortune Street boards, and I've recently run into an issue when attempting to replace Mt. Magmageddon. I created a Metroid-themed board, and to nail the shape I made it pretty big with a whopping 88 tiles. However, replacing and attempting to play the board results in Dolphin saying "Invalid read from 0x01200350, PC = 0x80007cd0," and when I try to ignore it, the game loads, the load icon disappears, and the game freezes on the white screen before displaying anything. At first I thought this was exclusive to Mt. Magmageddon, but upon testing another board the same error popped up. Loading up Fortune Street without the change to Mt.M has everything work perfectly fine, so I'm a bit unclear as to what the issue is.

My best guess is that the file is too big, and only so much size is allocated to boards. However, my Castle Trodeen board was roughly 50% bigger than the original (A bit under 1k bytes to 1.5k) and my Ghost Ship board (1.1k bytes to 1.65k). This is in comparison to Mt.M, which goes from 1.9k bytes to 2.9k, which leaves me a bit confused.

I'm assuming this is the issue since all boards are affected, but is there any way to remedy this problem other than scaling back? If there is a size limit, is it that all boards have their own amount of allocated space or is it an overall thing (Like the boards can only total to X bytes), or they all have as much space as the largest board? And if so, is there a way to alter said max value? And if all of that is wrong and I'm going on a wild goose chase, what is the issue?

User Info: TieGuy

TieGuy
11 months ago#2
Did you ensure to replace both variants of Mt. Magmageddon? When landing on the switch, the board transforms and both of these separate board files must have their pathing done right.
SW-4955-8166-7398

FamiliarRelic
11 months ago#3
Yup, I replaced both variants. I actually got the game to stop crashing upon loading any board after reducing the number of tiles to 80, so I'm assuming it was some sort of size limitation (Though I goofed up pathing somewhere since it now crashes after rolling the dice lol). Do preexisting boards with switches need to include switches when replacing them? I saw Ozzie Mandice's Magmageddon didn't have one, so I figured they weren't essential.

User Info: TieGuy

TieGuy
11 months ago#4
I myself have made custom boards and no, they don't need to include switches. From my experience, custom boards only work on Wii hardware if the custom board has equal or less tiles than the board you're replacing it on.
SW-4955-8166-7398

FamiliarRelic
11 months ago#5
Interesting. Thank you for answering my questions!
  1. Boards
  2. Fortune Street
  3. Error When Replacing Mt. Magmageddon
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A