This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. does it take a long time to unlock everything?

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#1
so i just bought the game used at gamestop, they had a buy 2 for $19 and get the 3rd free(i also picked up demons souls remaster and dragon quest warriors 2 as part of the deal)
anyways, the game still has some saved data on it, and about 70000 gold
i see a bunch of trophies that has been unlocked as well
my question is, should i start over or just continue to unlock stuff using the previous owners coins?

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
1 month ago#2
Getting every single collectible will take quite some time. Same for custom moves, which of course do have an effect on gameplay. Custom move grind is really tedious, so if a lot of those are unlocked already you may want to keep using the save file. It's not like the game has a story to spoil. It's been a long time since I was unlocking stuff in this game though. If there's a really good reason to start over, I can't remember it.

kidrobot
1 month ago#3
Sandor_Clause posted...
Getting every single collectible will take quite some time. Same for custom moves, which of course do have an effect on gameplay. Custom move grind is really tedious, so if a lot of those are unlocked already you may want to keep using the save file. It's not like the game has a story to spoil. It's been a long time since I was unlocking stuff in this game though. If there's a really good reason to start over, I can't remember it.
thanks for the input, ill probably just keep the save and continue where they left off
do items in the vault shop go lower than 50% off?
and do you think the dlc characters are worth it?

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
1 month ago#4
I don't remember if the discounts go past 50%, but I also seem to remember that I never had trouble buying any trophies I wanted. IIRC I bought anything that was discounted or seemed to be rare whenever I checked the shop and never ran out of coins. DLC isn't a concept that I'm fond of in general, but I won't deny that some of them are well made. Though the cost per character isn't very good compared to the base game.

kidrobot
1 month ago#5
Sandor_Clause posted...
I don't remember if the discounts go past 50%, but I also seem to remember that I never had trouble buying any trophies I wanted. IIRC I bought anything that was discounted or seemed to be rare whenever I checked the shop and never ran out of coins. DLC isn't a concept that I'm fond of in general, but I won't deny that some of them are well made. Though the cost per character isn't very good compared to the base game.
yeah its like $6 a character lol
tbh i only want ryu and bayonetta
guess ill save them for later when i get bored of the game
thanks again for everything!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. does it take a long time to unlock everything?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A