This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Pikachu1918

Pikachu1918
10 months ago#1
Here is what I am doing.

All-Star Mode
Link
Medium

When I get to the era with Pikachu/Gannon/Mewtwo. I can clear all but 4 of the last four fighters, since they don't appear.

I've tried to quit, the system locks up.
I try to run out the clock, the system locks up.

The only way to fix it, once the system locks up, is to power cycle it.

This is for a physical version of the game, and I am playing a 3DS XL. Ran a hardware check, its the most recent software on the system, same with the game.

Anyone else able to reproduce this problem/time to talk to Nintendo?
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com

User Info: fettster777

fettster777
7 months ago#2
This game has had some major issues after some updates lately. I, myself, am having issues just starting an offline match. I contacted Nintendo support but they won't do anything. Won't even acknowledge that an issue with the game exists.

Pikachu1918
7 months ago#3
I suspect the problem is, and I have zero proof is the updates.

The problem is we have 2 3DS lines out there, New 3DS, and 3DS old.

The patches they gave us were designed for New 3DS. Now old Smash Bros was a system pusher, so system pusher as in pushing a system to the max, with patches not designed for older hardware is a bad idea.

"You lead, you bleed!"

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
6 months ago#4
It's a shame because the servers are still online. It's unusual that a major issue like this for a massive game isn't addressed, especially coming from Nintendo. Of course, it's all speculation, I'm not a tech person, but given that Smash is the only 3DS game that isn't working for me, when it's been sitting on the shelf with all the other games, when the cartridge is pristine, it's disappointing.
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677 / Switch: https://imgur.com/wNDqTmg
Personal FEH Spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2WsGkt9

Pikachu1918
6 months ago#5
SirRobX posted...
It's a shame because the servers are still online. It's unusual that a major issue like this for a massive game isn't addressed, especially coming from Nintendo. Of course, it's all speculation, I'm not a tech person, but given that Smash is the only 3DS game that isn't working for me, when it's been sitting on the shelf with all the other games, when the cartridge is pristine, it's disappointing.

This isn't the Nintendo I grew up with.

I remeber in the early 2000s I was bringing my NES Games, Game Boy Games, SNES games to my friendly local Authorized Nintendo Repair Center where they would actually FIX a broken part.

Now, now they'll do a swap, and baring that you can't really contact them to fix a problem. To me if you can still buy a product new from a major realitor, or buy it online they should be responsible to offer service to fix it.

Most users can't fix a broken code issue.
"You lead, you bleed!"

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
6 months ago#6
The days of "Nintendium" hardware and stable software are long gone. Now it's all about DLC worth several full priced games, paid online and gacha gambling.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A