This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. is there a reason to buy this if i own ultimate?

User Info: XplodnPnguins92

XplodnPnguins92
5 months ago#1
^
http://i.imgur.com/Dn9vLMi.jpg

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#2
Well, do you own ssb4 wii u?

If not, then a substantial number of reasons.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: vejeta

vejeta
5 months ago#3
Yes smash controls better on the 3DS compared to any other control method even Gamecube pad imo, so I still go back to this game occasionally, plus Lady Palutena has that sexy reflector, I actually prefer her moveset there in general, although Explosive Flame is certainly a great new side special for her in Ultimate, but the reflector provides more all round utility I feel because I liked using it on opponents not just projectiles and made for some fun setups.

TLDR

Yes it’s still worth owning this even if you own Ultimate.
NNID:Jab_187 3DS:0877-0271-5435 PSN:Jab_187 XBL:Jab 187 z
PC: i7-5820K Hexacore @ 3.30GHz, 32G DDR4, 980TI-SLI, Predator XB271HK G-Sync 4K Steam:Vejeta187
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
4 months ago#4
the top tier characters from smash 4 (who got nerfed in Ult) are fun to play here... basically all of the DLC characters

FG and online is STILL better then any thing offered on Ultimate.... AND its free

Smash Run and a more portable smash

I recommend a good gaming grip though... the japanese one is awesome

its a little slow compared too the any other game but 3DS is worth checking out. its by far my most played 3DS game and SOLD MORE then the Wii U version did. They did a good job with what they were working with
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: guise-guise

guise-guise
4 months ago#5
- better gameplay mechanics (some of new ones in Ultimate such as 1,2x and 0.85x damage multipliers, balloon knockback, punishing the opposing player for summoning a weak Assist Trophy by gaining a point for KOing the AT, making walking irrelevant by letting you do everything out of dash, inability to pass through opponents are questionable at best),
- better single player content,
- better, free online,
- more unique and fun Final Smashes (Ultimate changed every Final Smash to be a giant nuke, while Smash 4 has FS-es like Landmaster or controllable Wario-Man),
- risk-free modding,
- better character customization usable in more modes.
Just some examples.
The answer? Landorus-T.
Remember the human.

Gargomon251
4 months ago#6
guise-guise posted...
- better gameplay mechanics

Not true. The one thing smash ultimate did better than all the other games was mechanics.

- better, free online,

Except there's hardly any options in quickplay, just for fun or for glory. And no battlefield mode. Hope you hate platforms.

Are people still complaining about 20 dollars per YEAR?

- risk-free modding,

If you're not going to play the real smash, you might as well play rivals of aether or make your own game.

- better character customization usable in more modes.

A lot of people don't care to bother with spirits/equipment anyway. And you can't use them in With Anyone anyway.

- more unique and fun Final Smashes (Ultimate changed every Final Smash to be a giant nuke, while Smash 4 has FS-es like Landmaster or controllable Wario-Man),

Perhaps, but at the risk of being more unbalanced or stall-y (i.e. let's play run away from wario-man for 10 seconds)
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: guise-guise

guise-guise
4 months ago#7
Gargomon251 posted...
Not true. The one thing smash ultimate did better than all the other games was mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, some of the changes, like dodge staling or new Sudden Death are good, but overall there are more bad changes than good ones.
Gargomon251 posted...

Except there's hardly any options in quickplay, just for fun or for glory. And no battlefield mode. Hope you hate platforms.

Still better than SSBU's online, at least you're guaranteed a playable ruleset.
Gargomon251 posted...
Are people still complaining about 20 dollars per YEAR?

Are people still defending paid peer-to-peer online? Despite it being similar to widely loathed on-disc DLC?
Gargomon251 posted...
If you're not going to play the real smash, you might as well play rivals of aether or make your own game.

Why? Installing mods doesn't make the game fake. Especially not if they're purely aesthetic.
Gargomon251 posted...
A lot of people don't care to bother with spirits/equipment anyway.

Still a reason to play SSB3DS. If you don't care about this reason, it's on you.
Gargomon251 posted...
Perhaps, but at the risk of being more unbalanced or stall-y (i.e. let's play run away from wario-man for 10 seconds)

Some of SSBU's FS are unbalanced too, like Zelda's.

As far as stalling, I can only agree if we're talking about Mega Lucario. Other transformation FS give the player ranged options or a speed boost big enough to prevent this.
The answer? Landorus-T.
Remember the human.
(edited 4 months ago)

Gargomon251
4 months ago#8
guise-guise posted...
Some of SSBU's FS are unbalanced too, like Zelda's.

Zelda's can only hurt one player at a time.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. is there a reason to buy this if i own ultimate?
  • Post New Message