This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. yes- for glory still works- no, its not going anywhere

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
2 months ago#1
conquest may be gone but the servers are still up and active.

smash and MK7 are two of the busiest games for the system... Smash 3DS is actually BUSIER then the Wii U simply cause many more people bought the system

people seem to think the system will lose its wifi servers because it happened to the DS/Wii... but those servers were ran and owned by gamespy, so no- not going anywhere

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#2
I didnt realize they were still doing conquest for that long.

mothballs posted...
Smash 3DS is actually BUSIER then the Wii U simply cause many more people bought the system

I don't believe you.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: GeminiDeus

GeminiDeus
2 months ago#3
I've been getting "A communication error has occurred." message for over a week trying to play this online.
Without truth, there is nothing.

Gargomon251
2 months ago#4
GeminiDeus posted...
I've been getting "A communication error has occurred." message for over a week trying to play this online.

I was on for fun on wii u today with no problem
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Ferocactus

Ferocactus
1 month ago#5
Honestly, I interpreted the title as yes- for glory still works- "it's still a waste of time". xD

I enjoy a competitive battle as much as the next player, but FG has always been bad to me; mainly Mario, ZSS, Sheik, etc. mains spamming attacks hoping something will connect, then chaining you into a gimp or dunk right off the edge. As a Ryu main who knows his meta inside and out, and then some (what I term "reverse-input specials"), I know it would be impossible to get away with this halfwit style of play as Ryu (if one can consider it a playstyle); true skill lies in precise attacks/grabs/dodges, spacing, and situation-based mind games. Ryu can't chain spam to death like Bayo w/o getting easily punished, and he's by far the most technical character as far as moveset goes (maybe not meta); he's practically a port from SFIV, albeit his combos are far easier to pull off in Smash.

Since the Specials I use when playing as Ryu are almost exclusively input specs (except in some cases of recovery), his having technically twice as many standard attacks, and plinking from heavy standard to input specials, I feel like a child when I play as any of my other "lesser" mains; if one has only known Smash Bros., one doesn't know the complexity of a true *"world-class fighting game" (*from Hadouken's hint flavor text in SSB4).

Anyway, I don't bother w/ FG, since it's almost always the same type of player: the spammer. Knowing a combo doesn't make a person good if they can't play with precision...

The key differences between a "scrub" and a "spammer" are: spammers are slightly more educated/experienced in their character and actually believe they are skilled, i.e. aren't noobs. Too many of these in FG... Far. Too. Many.
"Insanity", assuming Albert Einstein's definition, IS the Masuda Method...
Carbon: FC: 2724-0516-7975
(edited 1 month ago)

mothballs
1 month ago#6
beats playing the computer ALL the time

Ferocactus
1 month ago#7
mothballs posted...

I agree with you 100%! As much as I despise them, I would rather face spammers than a Lv. 9 CPU that automatically chooses the best counterattack within a couple frames of animation. If online ever went down for SSB4, Smash Run might be the only mode I'd ever remotely play on.

I'd consider getting Nintendo Switch Online for SSBU, so long as they came up with a really good matchmaking system; even one like SSF IV's (3D Edition) would be wonderful: matchmaking based both on how much one has won overall and how much one has played as a selected character.

Either way, SSB4 3DS online is still pretty good in my book, considering lag and all.

Gargomon251
1 month ago#8
mothballs posted...

I'd rather play the "computer" than be forced into 1v1 matches.

Ferocactus
1 month ago#9
Gargomon251 posted...
mothballs posted...

I'd rather play the "computer" than be forced into 1v1 matches.

I suppose I enjoy human 1v1 matches more, as long as the opponent is not spamming; difficult CPUs are just programmed to be superhuman in reaction time. I enjoy it it when my opponents are actually thinking about their options, and not just wildly swinging around (DK down tilt, Link/Lucina up/side tilt, tilts, tilts, tilts...) or spam-grabbing. : /

Though, I do get more stressed out when playing against an actual person, and not some pre-programmed bot.
(edited 1 month ago)

mothballs
1 month ago#10
thats good for tourney practice
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. yes- for glory still works- no, its not going anywhere