This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

questions about special moves

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. questions about special moves

User Info: Omi-kun

Omi-kun
3 weeks ago#1
I'm a total noob at smash. this is the first time I'm playing one, so I need help with a few questions.

I noticed that some special moves, like Mario's down + special seem to "fail" sometimes. sometimes the water jet comes out, other times, only a few drops. what causes this? and is there no way to use special moves in combos?
also, do special moves raise the oponent's % as much as normal attacks? and is it possible to launch opponents using special moves?

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 weeks ago#2
That means you didn't charge it up all the way.

Some special moves have unique properties. Some don't work when you're in midair, some require getting hit, etc.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Osumnis

Osumnis
3 weeks ago#3
For Mario's down special (FLUDD), the first time you activate it, he "charges" it. You can pause the charging at any time by shielding, rolling, dodging. When you press down special again, it resumes the charge.

If you press down special WHILE charging, he will spray water based on how charged it is.

FLUDD can reach full charge. When this happens, there will be a *tink* sound, and Mario glows a little. He will also stop charging.

If you press down special while FLUDD is fully charged, he will immediately spray a full-charged FLUDD.

For FLUDD in particular, the move is just a way to move opponents, it does no damage. This is particularly useful when the opponent is off-stage. Spray them with FLUDD, and they will be sent even further.
The GameFAQs update ruined the look of signatures.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. questions about special moves
  • Topic Archived