This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 years ago#71
Sephiro posted...
I'd like to invite you all to play some Smash and/or battle pokemon with all of the poeple and I in a group chat I have appreciatedly been able to assemble.

We use an app on the playstore thats called Line. Its a smooth chat app thats happens to be free and only uses a data connection or wifi. The important thing is that all chat is instant to everyone else so there is no waiting for about an hour or more possibly when using Gamefaqs to try to set things up if one of two poeple setting things up doesn't have email notifications running or any other reason someone wouldn't be notified. Plus there are no annoying PM limits as there are on Gamefaqs. To add me search by ID in the add friends tab for seph777 and I'll invite you to the group chat. We can exchange friend codes when you join us ;)

I play as pretty much 21 different characters in Smash with varying degrees of strength, also with about 4 to 7 what I'd call mains. I'm very versitile and just enjoy fun - who doesn't? I'd be happy for you all to join us. Thank you guys.

That's not what this thread is for.
King K Rool, Krystal, Fawful for SSB5
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Allyourbass

User Info: joemoetoe

joemoetoe
2 years ago#72
And when it's laggy no one wants to quit and take the 10 minute ban so everyone endures a 15 minute match

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
2 years ago#73
I finally got online today for the first time and the lag is terrible. Its constantly freezing, slowing down or kicking me off. I mean it wasn't too bad with one player, but four players...ugh. I have a fixed wifi connection in my house that seems to work really well with my other wireless devices. How do I know if its my connection or someone else's?
Well excuuuuse meee princess!
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: BananaKingGuy

BananaKingGuy
2 years ago#74
Lil_Bit83 posted...
I finally got online today for the first time and the lag is terrible. Its constantly freezing, slowing down or kicking me off. I mean it wasn't too bad with one player, but four players...ugh. I have a fixed wifi connection in my house that seems to work really well with my other wireless devices. How do I know if its my connection or someone else's?

I don't know, but most people online, whether it be on purpose or not, lag. So don't worry, it happens all the time.
If you are online, be prepared to become a hypocrite!
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
2 years ago#75
BananaKingGuy posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...

I don't know, but most people online, whether it be on purpose or not, lag. So don't worry, it happens all the time.

Okay
Well excuuuuse meee princess!

User Info: Spadros

Spadros
1 year ago#76
KangXI frames it like you have options; 90% of the time you do not. He frames it like "use a better router", "don't play on public wifi", or "only play 1v1s", or "get a faster internet", as though most of the time you can do something about it. Don't spend money on a new router or a new internet service provider. I can confirm, if you're wondering, even in these ideal conditions you're still limited by the other side's connectivity. Your ping will be 100ms or greater; ie half the time you'll shield but the "server" (its still a P2P connection) won't get the input in time, and you'll be hit. The way I read KangXI's message is more like "the 3DS is inheritly laggy". Ive played a bunch of 1v1s; almost always get a major, noticeable lag in CQC, so I can confirm it's a major problem. Dont think it's your fault at home alone; the device just cant do < 50ms ping normally on multiplayer. You will feel terrible lag on your inputs; its not your fault. Highly suggest WiiU play for lag; the 3DS is, simply, bad at WiFi multiplayer. Maybe just give up on it if you want to actually hone your skills and get the console version. I know; that's a sucky answer, but I got nothing better to suggest. Most of the time, you're going to get game-breaking lag on inputs. Blame it on Nintendo; the fact that they still rely on P2P connections for Wi-Fi play in 2017 is pretty archaic and silly. Its using the same tech the original Unreal Tournament used in 1999 to connect.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
10 months ago#77
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: SpiritxBlade

SpiritxBlade
7 months ago#78
Most of thr lag I get are from other people. Whenever one person has bad internet, it ruins the whole match
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2