This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2

User Info: gorgexpress

gorgexpress
4 years ago#31
Seriously tho

This game is developed by Bandai Namco, not Nintendo. And the netcode for this game is top notch. You can't compare it to games from other genres like Mario Kart 7, when it comes down to the programming of the netcode it's like comparing apples to oranges.

The lag is caused by unstable connections. Two players with high ping can have no lag as long as the connections are stable. It will have higher input delay than normal, but no lag.

Not sure what they could do to fix that. Maybe if an unstable connection is detected, assume the connection is always poor(high ping)? That would result in higher input delay though. Still, better than massive lag. Games with similar netcodes don't do that for some reason, but that's probably because they are all meant to be played with a wired connection.
Shouldn't we be less concerned about download speed, and more concerned about ping? After all, Sakurai said that the 3DS is only sending small amounts of data.

Not much one can do about ping, though.
If I had a dollar for every time Jesus died for my sins and rose again, I'd have one dollar.

User Info: Kingteb

Kingteb
4 years ago#33
its painful to lose to people because of lag

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
4 years ago#34
I actually took Mr. Samurai's word and turned off my cell phone whenever I play online, and now I've had virtually no more input lag.

Thanks, Sakurai.
Don't be a bully, be a STAR! http://i.imgur.com/ofhidBs.jpg
NNID: ColtCababa | 3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412

User Info: Skull567890

Skull567890
4 years ago#35
Kingteb posted...
its painful to lose to people because of lag

I lost to an Ike because of it and he had the nerve to taunt afterwards.
"Can you feel it Mr. Shulk? Art thou feeling it now Mr. Shulk?"
"I'm REALLY feeling it!"

User Info: WaLuigiTails

WaLuigiTails
4 years ago#36
Has anyone tried running the speed test with the LAN adapter? I want to know if it make a difference.
3DS fc: 3995 7857 4043 Meo
GT/NN: WaLuigiTails

User Info: steelm2

steelm2
4 years ago#37
Yeah, this game sucks online unless you magically find that perfect match up with no lag. Had it happen twice outta hundreds of battles.

I can not play the game competively online. For me there's no difference with 4 ppl or 1vs 1. Still tons of lag. Worst is I lose every time, but for some reason they can win under those conditions no problem. I literally had 2 second input lag. Watching it happen over and over again made me furious for some reason.

Crazy.

User Info: joemoetoe

joemoetoe
4 years ago#38
Jesus christ it takes 10 minutes to play through a 2 minute battle

User Info: UltimagaWeapon

UltimagaWeapon
4 years ago#39
We should make a GameFAQs group of lagless people via trial & error.
"Dive it to the Sky" - Kingdom Hearts

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
4 years ago#40
I had input lag in For Glory a while ago against this Rosalina player who could basically roll out of all of my attacks. I was lucky to not have reduced my win rate with Sudden Death victories. Just to be safe, I think I'll only play with Friends for now so it doesn't go on my record.
Don't be a bully, be a STAR! http://i.imgur.com/ofhidBs.jpg
NNID: ColtCababa | 3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2