This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2

User Info: KangXi

KangXi
4 years ago#21
DauthiBaldrs posted...
KangXi posted...
It is a problem. Is the blame entirely on Nintendo. No.

Lol k.

Other companies can manage to make games with online functionality that is actually playable. If putting Smash on the 3DS strains the system to such an extend as to frequently makes online annoying to unplayable, maybe it should never have been made for the 3DS in the first place.

The blame is not entirely Nintendo's as they cannot control if people have bad connections. Lagfree games are possible and a lot have enjoyed them. What Nintendo could do to help are the things I outlined.
NNID: KangXi
3DS FC: 1822-1476-9086

User Info: gaminggenius

gaminggenius
4 years ago#22
Thanks for all the useful info!!!
5/21/07 --- SSB Site relaunch-- First 500 post topic---97 minutes
White FC- 1334 7090 2082

User Info: tendoboy1984

tendoboy1984
4 years ago#23
Mario Kart 8 has zero lag even in online split-screen co-op. This is why P2P online connections are bad. I wish Nintendo Network was more like Xbox Live.
PSN: PS_man1984 || Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984 || 3DS code: 2294-5830-5931

User Info: SirKillawatt

SirKillawatt
4 years ago#24
DauthiBaldrs posted...
KangXi posted...
It is a problem. Is the blame entirely on Nintendo. No.

Lol k.

Other companies can manage to make games with online functionality that is actually playable. If putting Smash on the 3DS strains the system to such an extend as to frequently makes online annoying to unplayable, maybe it should never have been made for the 3DS in the first place.

Get over yourself. Most people can play online fine once they do one or more of the things in this thread. Nintendo did a damn good job with this game, the fact that we now have smash on a mobile, handheld platform is amazing. If you don't like it, you don't have to come to this board. Simple as that.
Appletoast, bedheated, furblanket rat,
Laugh when they shoot you say Please don't do that!

User Info: DauthiBaldrs

DauthiBaldrs
4 years ago#25
SirKillawatt posted...
Most people can play online fine once they do one or more of the things in this thread.

"most people" is really not acceptable at all. Or the fact that this is an issue that the player himself need to solve for that matter. Like I said, most game companies can make things like this work without the hassle at all. Also the most I can do is fix the issue on my side, which I'm pretty sure there never was any to begin with.

SirKillawatt posted...
Nintendo did a damn good job with this game

Well the gameplay is certainly an improvement over Brawl and that IS the most important part, but the single player mode, general design of the game, trophy/gold mini-game-y stuff and, as said, online leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say they did a passable job at most.

SirKillawatt posted...
If you don't like it, you don't have to come to this board. Simple as that.

GO AWAY IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE!

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 years ago#26
Osumnis posted...
Please edit out the "’" from the OP. it's incredibly distracting.

It's still there...

EDIT: nevermind, didnt see the reply.
Hopes for SSB4: Krystal, Lucina, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr.
Hates for SSB4: Pac Man, Miis, Daisy, Toad
(edited 4 years ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: KangXi

KangXi
4 years ago#28
iXCelticXi posted...
Osumnis posted...
Please edit out the "’" from the OP. it's incredibly distracting.

This. At least read the very start of your post before reauesting sticky status. We need higher standards for this stuff lol. I'd have remade the thread the moment I saw that (if it were even allowed out of the posting phase).

This was not in the original message when it was posted. I edited the post to correct some other things and I'm guessing the coding got malformed. Didn't think to check that again since it was correct the first time. You can only edit within an hour as well.
NNID: KangXi
3DS FC: 1822-1476-9086

User Info: face235

face235
4 years ago#29
I know I have a good connection. All but one of the matches I played were lag-free, but the last one I played, ohmygod, did someone have lag issues. It took 10 minutes for that two minute match to end! Those recommendations sure would help.
I'M COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS!! - Ema Skye
Official Golbez of the Zelda Social Board

User Info: gorgexpress

gorgexpress
4 years ago#30
I used to have a lot of lag, then i followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8Wi7XRXCA and now every match is lag free
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2