This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
4 years ago#11
Do you have any advice for lag in which the game takes multiple frames longer to react when you press buttons while it's not the case for other players?
Don't be a bully, be a STAR! http://i.imgur.com/ofhidBs.jpg
NNID: ColtCababa | 3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412

User Info: TheEvilCubi

TheEvilCubi
4 years ago#12
This getting a sticky just shows what a massive problem this is...
CAPS LOCK MARCH

User Info: KangXi

KangXi
4 years ago#13
TheEvilCubi posted...
This getting a sticky just shows what a massive problem this is...

It is a problem. Is the blame entirely on Nintendo. No. There are things Nintendo can do such as showing a lag meter so you can point out who exactly is causing the issue. Maybe automatically drop the worst laggers in a four player game. Or even giving a connection rating before the match even starts so people can make a decision to continue or not.

Giving Nintendo feedback may have those things come.

ColtCababa posted...
Do you have any advice for lag in which the game takes multiple frames longer to react when you press buttons while it's not the case for other players?

I have yet to experience this so I'm not sure. But I'm sure it just goes back to latency issues. The above things may work and if not, try playing in another location.
NNID: KangXi
3DS FC: 1822-1476-9086
I think you might add that tethering from cell phones doesn't work very well, either, at least in my experience, even with 4G LTE.
PSN: Klelslol (lower case L's)

User Info: Osumnis

Osumnis
4 years ago#15
Please edit out the "’" from the OP. it's incredibly distracting.

Also, where did that quote come from? I'd just like a source.
I only made a signature because it looks better when posting.

User Info: Remi0327

Remi0327
4 years ago#16
lolcopter133787 posted...
I think you might add that tethering from cell phones doesn't work very well, either, at least in my experience, even with 4G LTE.

That's funny, I've had minimal lag while using my Sprint M8 to tether. It's faster than my Clear wifi, which is annoying since Sprint owns them now as well... But that's just personal experience, and I only do it while at home. I'm sure if I did it in a park or a cafe where there are at least a dozen smartphones in any direction, it'd be a different story...

I've really only tried 1 V 1 with friends though, haven't been able to connect to a 1 V 1 For Glory match, or any random online at all, actually.
"Don't matter, ill suffer for my morals and beliefs."
~ServantOfErieos displaying superhuman restraint against playing SSB3DS demo.
(edited 4 years ago)
I have good luck when I catch 4-5 bars but anything other than that I lag big time. I have fixed point wireless at my house since I only catch 3g where I live, and it does better than 4g most of the time. (3 mbps down and 2 mbps up is what my fixed point wireless is.) I should also note that the tower I catch for fixed point wireless is less than a mile away; I'm sure that makes a difference.
PSN: Klelslol (lower case L's)

User Info: KangXi

KangXi
4 years ago#18
Osumnis posted...
Please edit out the "’" from the OP. it's incredibly distracting.

Also, where did that quote come from? I'd just like a source.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to edit the post any longer. I noticed that myself and wish I could edit it. Maybe a mod could help?

The original source is Sakurai's weekly column in Famitsu (Here somewhere: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/02062651.html)

The translated source is http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-answers-fan-questions-1641570323
NNID: KangXi
3DS FC: 1822-1476-9086

User Info: DauthiBaldrs

DauthiBaldrs
4 years ago#19
KangXi posted...
It is a problem. Is the blame entirely on Nintendo. No.

Lol k.

Other companies can manage to make games with online functionality that is actually playable. If putting Smash on the 3DS strains the system to such an extend as to frequently makes online annoying to unplayable, maybe it should never have been made for the 3DS in the first place.

User Info: zombie_bait

zombie_bait
4 years ago#20
I agree that there should be an indication of the other player's connection like in other fighting games. A search system to filter out players with bad connections would also be appreciated.
"I have spent most of my life worrying about things that have never happened."
-Mark Twain
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. Online Lag FAQ V2