This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. 3DS F.A.Q. / TIPS for New Players

User Info: klecser

klecser
4 years ago#31
Wonderful resource coming from a brand new user to Smash. THANK YOU.

User Info: Lilchiji

Lilchiji
4 years ago#32
klecser posted...
Wonderful resource coming from a brand new user to Smash. THANK YOU.

Glad it helped out :) Your Welcome Klecser
The One and Only
PSN: Lilchiji / 3DS FC: 5043 - 2756 - 1498

User Info: Sad_Face

Sad_Face
4 years ago#33
Uselessname6747 posted...
Sad_Face posted...
Why is it, pray tell, that these sticky topics are always filled with answers for questions no one is asking and information no one cares for?

Quite bold, to simply assume no-one cares for these topics, perhaps some people seek these boards to help start them up with the game, and these kinds of topics help people do just that. It also saves people the trouble of having to look up twenty topics that cover all kinds of subjects, this one has answers to a lot of them.

Like what? Half the stuff in here is info you'd find within the first 2 minutes of playing the game. The controls? There's an instructional video that comes on within 15 seconds when you start the game. How to unlock characters? There's the cheats section. General tips on how to play the game? Those tips are incredibly vague and it differs from character to character as they all have vastly different playstyles. Items? No one is asking what items are used for.

This isn't Pokemon where the EVs and IVs mechanics are hidden and have a need for an explanation, this is Smash, all the info is upfront and the majority of the Sticky topics on the Smash boards are filled with tons of simple, easy to find superfluous info to make an impression that it really is useful information when it clearly isn't.
http://i.imgur.com/YYsr5Fo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Ggm1rlp.gif

User Info: BlueSolaire

BlueSolaire
4 years ago#34
Uselessname6747 posted...
Sad_Face posted...
I'm A TROLL

Quite bold, to simply assume no-one cares for these topics, perhaps some people seek these boards to help start them up with the game, and these kinds of topics help people do just that. It also saves people the trouble of having to look up twenty topics that cover all kinds of subjects, this one has answers to a lot of them.

Chill Man, I am new to the smash brothers series and it helps to have these types of things to read up on. It has helped me out a little and I learned some things that the game doesn't explain in detail. So I thank those who put the time in and create these.

I think the only thing no one cares for is negative people like you lol

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 years ago#35
Err, I've seen videos where people have used dash dancing.
This is an elite pirate

User Info: monkeymatt111

monkeymatt111
4 years ago#36
You know I saw something extremely similar on Kotaku the other day...
3DS FC: 1289-8478-3103

User Info: Peachrules14

Peachrules14
4 years ago#37
Nice work! I noticed that you wrote that Y will let you choose the omega form of the stage, but it's actually X :)
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
Friend Safari: Petilil, Simisage, Quilladin

User Info: NessCypher

NessCypher
4 years ago#38
ejecting your cart during a fg match will prevent you from getting a time ban / not tarnish your fg win/lose records
A character can double jump after being hit. This is sometimes called a tech. You can tech in whichever direction you're holding the analog stick. If your attacker can guess you're going to tech left, for example, they'll move left to land the next hit in the combo. Obviously, if the attacker guesses wrong, you'll be out of reach of the next attack and the combo will end.

You meant dodge? Didn't mention it's done by pressing shield just before hitting a floor/wall/ceiling.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Tech

By flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad while your shield is deployed, you'll dodge in the direction you flicked. When dodging, your fighter becomes invulnerable for a moment, so it's a good way to avoid enemy attacks...and you may even be able to get behind your opponent to counter attack.

Also you can tap down to sidestep dodge.

-Mario's flag gives you your up-B back if hit before "neutral"

You mean his cape?
And by "neutral" you mean the helpless falling? Wouldn't "neutral" more appropriately refer to the normal state of falling?

You won't be able to use Mii Fighters when you fight With Anyone online, but the plan is to enable this feature With Friends online.

It's not in yet?

Peachrules14 posted...
Nice work! I noticed that you wrote that Y will let you choose the omega form of the stage, but it's actually X :)

Right, it's X.
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
(edited 4 years ago)

User Info: messhia_dark

messhia_dark
4 years ago#40
Holy crap you really went off.

Good job.
Everything bad I do is for a good reason.
SSB4 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdqR_h544wGhI-ozAk5TtQ <-- My Channel
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Smash Bros. 3DS F.A.Q. / TIPS for New Players