This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. So there honestly is no item frequency setting?

User Info: M DAMAGE

M DAMAGE
5 years ago#1
In any mode whatsoever?

To me, item frequency option is a HUGE part of smash and allows the user to tweak the game in many interesting ways. Very disappointed if this is the case.

User Info: JustChillin

JustChillin
5 years ago#2
No. It was strangely omitted.

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
5 years ago#3
No. The game is skimpy on tweaks, even more so online.
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Fluttercry

User Info: ItalianIdiot

ItalianIdiot
5 years ago#4
Nope sadly.
3DS FC: 1762-2788-3315 - IGN: Calem
"Avast, moderators off the port bow! They be' opening fire with their bancannons! Abandon topic!!" - CaptZangoose

User Info: M DAMAGE

M DAMAGE
5 years ago#5
Dang. This is baffling to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't even smash 64 have item frequency option?

Does anyone know if the wii u version will have it?

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
5 years ago#6
N64 version did have, no one knows if the Wii U version will have it.

You can still toggle individual items on and off in the 3DS version. There's just only ON/OFF for overall frequency.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/ZaiRedwinters
No longer adding random 3DS friends due to space limits. Sorry!

User Info: Scarlettail

Scarlettail
5 years ago#7
Just as a question that I probably should know the answer to, you can still turn off individual items, yes? It's just the frequency you can't change?

Never mind, as answered above.
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
Days until Smash 4 3DS NA release: 2

ItalianIdiot
5 years ago#8
Ah, it seems that they do appear in Omega Stages also, you have to turn them off to play them like Omega Battlefield does in the demo.
"Avast, moderators off the port bow! They be' opening fire with their bancannons! Abandon topic!!" - CaptZangoose

User Info: FlyinTonite

FlyinTonite
5 years ago#9
I may be alone but I think items are awesome. They are just as integral to smash as the characters are., if they are appearing too often I can sort of see why people would be miffed but some of my favorite smash moments have been me and my friends dukking it out for a pokeball only to have a goldeen flop out lol.
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.

ItalianIdiot
5 years ago#10
FlyinTonite posted...
I may be alone but I think items are awesome. They are just as integral to smash as the characters are., if they are appearing too often I can sort of see why people would be miffed but some of my favorite smash moments have been me and my friends dukking it out for a pokeball only to have a goldeen flop out lol.

Sadly you can't change the frequency, so I can see them get annoying real fast in this one.

But playing on Omega stages with just the Smash Ball, which has a low spawn chance (1 in a 2-3 min match), is pretty fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  3. So there honestly is no item frequency setting?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers