Link is not an avatar. He has personality. He has character.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Link is not an avatar. He has personality. He has character.

User Info: -Erika-

-Erika-
2 years ago#281
TG_Wolf posted...
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^]

Thank you for making it clear up front that no one should listen to anything you have to say.
Joshi Spirit

User Info: Doomkilla

Doomkilla
2 years ago#282
mp443556 posted...
Doomkilla posted...
People claim that gender doesn't matter or that it doesn't matter to his character. Then why does it need to be changed or given an option to be different then if it isn't important to his character? If it doesn't matter then there's no point in doing so. It's a waste of time/energy.

Keeping him the same does nothing. Giving the option to change his gender does nothing. It results in adding nothing to the experience. If you want to fight for something. Fight for him actually having depth. Not having the option to change his gender.

Ah, I think see the disconnect now. The claim is, or should be, that being a male is not prerequisite for being Link. His maleness still does affect his character of course. After all, how could it not? But if you take that away, then he would still be Link only with a different perspective perhaps.

Does that make sense?

All I'm saying is that the time they could be making a female link model they could be putting that effort into something else.
"If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all." -Geralt of Rivia

User Info: mp443556

mp443556
2 years ago#283
That is true. Its not really a compelling argument against it though.
"They have shown themselves to be that which they hate, that which they want to chase away out of the village." -- Jesse Ball

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
2 years ago#284
-Erika- posted...
OnettsOwn posted...
Is this his first post since the first one?

No, he had a meltdown earlier because I made fun of otaku.

Defending myself is now considered a meltdown. >.>

OnettsOwn posted...
Is he ashamed for being one? Represent yourself accurately, Jake.

I am not ashamed for liking anime, no. As for being an otaku, it's more of a joke but I suppose you could consider me one. I'm definitely a more tame otaku than others, though.

So yeah, unless this goes back on topic, I'm gonna leave. See ya.

Edit: The others are on topic, so I guess I'm not leaving just yet.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

Jakerific44
2 years ago#285
mp443556 posted...

Well, if they maybe instead improved Link's overall character and gave it more depth instead of considering changing his sex, we could really get something special instead of, "Wow... Link's a girl now"

Jakerific44
2 years ago#286
OnettsOwn posted...
Is this his first post since the first one?

You must not have read much of this topic. I've replied to plenty of posts.

Jakerific44
2 years ago#287
paco1995 posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
By "doing something like how that video did it" I meant "if there were to be a dramatic scene in an official Zelda game similar to the one in the video, then that would be a step in the right direction." Haha

It wouldn't work on Link since his whole shtick is overcoming great obstacles thanks to his courage. Getting drunk with power is Ganondorf's thing. If Nintendo took the "X gets kidnapped and Link goes to save him/her/them" storyline and took it more seriously (farther than WW or TP) maybe it could work.

That's exactly what I wish Nintendo would do, tbh. But instead we're probably going the Skyrim route.

My dream Zelda would be open world + serious, compelling story + Link and other characters having depth

User Info: GamerTai

GamerTai
2 years ago#288
The only other Jacob I know on GameFAQs is a mentally unstable a****** who may or may not be a fan of Twilight. The name Jacob is not a good one to have.
Make a GamerTai ATTN Topic today! GamerTai ATTN Topics: 429
I need to close my account. Agree: 13 Disagree: 21

User Info: Doomkilla

Doomkilla
2 years ago#289
Jakerific44 posted...
mp443556 posted...

Well, if they maybe instead improved Link's overall character and gave it more depth instead of considering changing his sex, we could really get something special instead of, "Wow... Link's a girl now"

This.
"If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all." -Geralt of Rivia

Jakerific44
2 years ago#290
GamerTai posted...
The only other Jacob I know on GameFAQs is a mentally unstable a****** who may or may not be a fan of Twilight. The name Jacob is not a good one to have.

My name isn't Jacob. My real name is Jake, it's on my birth certificate.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Link is not an avatar. He has personality. He has character.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived