Link is not an avatar. He has personality. He has character.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Link is not an avatar. He has personality. He has character.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
2 years ago#251
AshkeAngel posted...
paco1995 posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
True, but I would like Nintendo to show it a bit more in depth like this video.

Why? You'd basically hammer down whatever Link's struggle is to the player. If anything, they could add a few subtle reactions or something else to show Link's feelings on certain events. But that format where you tell the player every f***ing thought that goes through the guy's head is too much.

+1

Good Storytelling 101: "Show, don't tell."

Why does everybody misinterpret what I say? I said that I wanted Nintendo to show it. Never did I say tell.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

Jakerific44
2 years ago#252
paco1995 posted...

Neither of these events required even a single thought from Link, let alone personality.

That's because those events were aimed at the part of Jacob's post that had to do with Link making mistakes.

And why is it a new trend to call me Jacob?

User Info: JackTheManiac

JackTheManiac
2 years ago#253
-Erika- posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
Hah, one of my posts got modded for 'flaming'. Yet all of the off topic posts and Erika purposefully trying to 'insult' me by bringing up otakus for some reason are seen as perfectly acceptable. Beautiful.

Get rekt.

Couple of people here have issues of their own.
Regular folk don't go trying to make people react.

I'd say that's kinda sad, but they're happy acting this way or so they say anyway.

User Info: -Erika-

-Erika-
2 years ago#254
Shut up, Jackob.
Joshi Spirit

User Info: paco1995

paco1995
2 years ago#255
Jakerific44 posted...
AshkeAngel posted...
paco1995 posted...
Jakerific44 posted...

Why? You'd basically hammer down whatever Link's struggle is to the player. If anything, they could add a few subtle reactions or something else to show Link's feelings on certain events. But that format where you tell the player every f***ing thought that goes through the guy's head is too much.

+1

Why does everybody misinterpret what I say? I said that I wanted Nintendo to show it. Never did I say tell.

Showing the player every f***ing thought that goes through the guy's head is still too much. Besides, you said that you wanted them to show it like the video you put up and in the video they show it by telling you with the little phrases that pop up and showing you with the flashbacks they throw.
"Paco is better than me." WellComeOn talking about Smash

Jakerific44
2 years ago#256
paco1995 posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
AshkeAngel posted...
paco1995 posted...
Jakerific44 posted...

+1

Showing the player every f***ing thought that goes through the guy's head is still too much. Besides, you said that you wanted them to show it like the video you put up and in the video they show it by telling you with the little phrases that pop up and showing you with the flashbacks they throw.

I don't know what to say here, other than sorry. I'm the one who's been misinterpreting things today >.<
Yeah, I see what you mean. But doing something like how that video did it would be a step closer to what we want. I guess just remove all of the words?
I disagree with you on the flashbacks, though; flashbacks can make it even more powerful.

User Info: IsGregor

IsGregor
2 years ago#257
Damn, are you guys still on-topic?
This board has disappointed me greatly.

User Info: hop918

hop918
2 years ago#258
IsGregor posted...
Damn, are you guys still on-topic?
This board has disappointed me greatly.

Are you looking for off-topic topics? Because this is the kind of topic recently that lends itself to stay on topic.

User Info: paco1995

paco1995
2 years ago#259
Jakerific44 posted...
I don't know what to say here, other than sorry. I'm the one who's been misinterpreting things today >.<

It's ok, no need to worry. Just a small technical mistake on the interpretation. It's good that it got cleared up.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But doing something like how that video did it would be a step closer to what we want. I guess just remove all of the words?

What do you mean by "doing something like how that video did"?

I disagree with you on the flashbacks, though; flashbacks can make it even more powerful.

If used sparcely, it could work. But too many flashbacks and you get a Naruto.
"Paco is better than me." WellComeOn talking about Smash

User Info: lolcanada

lolcanada
2 years ago#260
Shup the f*** Off Jakob
http://i.imgur.com/FJimIi6l.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Link is not an avatar. He has personality. He has character.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived