• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Zelda Wii U New Leaked Information

User Info: L033

L033
4 years ago#1
I know, there are countless leaks out there claiming to have "the real deal", which most of the time, is completely false. I also know that there are many text leaks out there, making it very hard to prove your point. I am in a position in that I cannot show any pictures, nor any videos, and I only have my words else my career would be ruined. I have some information regarding Zelda Wii U, and a lot of it is very interesting.

Of course, what I saw or heard is subject to change during development, but I am sure most of these will be within the game. So let's get started.

It is very well known knowledge that recent official footage of Zelda Wii U has been released, but that build was 2 months old and has seen much improvement in that time.

The horse(you can opt to name her Epona if you wish) is not the only animal you can ride on. So far, you are able to ride a giant turtle within the lakes and rivers in the overworld, a boar(similar to Twilight Princess), and there is being a method of flying(similar to Loftwings in Skyward Sword) being developed. The animal of which Link does fly is still being talked about, and they are using a Loftwing as a substitute for the time being.

Technology versus Nature is going to be the overall arching theme of the game.

Link grew up within the Gerudo Tribe, even though he is Hylian. That is where he learned to be a hunter, and how he learned to be so skilled with Horseback Archery. Link's form and animations within the game are based off of Yabusame archery, which is a form of Mounted Archery within Japanese Culture.

Speaking of Japanese Culture, the world of Zelda Wii U is based of the area of Kyoto. This is one of the few things I can definitely prove. Look at the area of Kyoto and look near Lake Biwa. A very similar land mass can be seen within the world of Zelda Wii U, and even some of the rivers have similar locations to its real world counterpart,

Within the game, you can beat a dungeon in almost any order. Whenever you beat a dungeon though, enemies in both the overworld and within other dungeons will grow stronger and more plentiful.

Ganondorf nor Ganon will be featured in this game. There will be a completely new villain from start to end. The best I can explain about his design is that he looks similar to the Twili in Twilight Princess, but he has blue eyes and regular colored skin. He also wears a cloak, very similar to Link's.

There is going to be a lot of lore in this Zelda game, but told in a very clever way. Instead of NPC's telling the lore of the world(though there is some of that), the world itself will tell its own story. There will be cave drawings, designs, and a small amount of tablets that are hidden away, especially near dungeons.

The NPC's will have comprehensive A.I. similar to the horses. There will be packs of merchant Gorons, school's of Zoras, and regular humans that you have a chance of finding while travelling in the overworld. Some characters will fight, some will run away, and some will fight you if enemies attack.

The postman will also return, but will not be disruptive like he was in Twilight Princess. You have a chance of finding him directly, or you may find letters in a post box.

Now, I think that is enough for now, as I let this information sink in. Believe me, or do not. It is your choice. I only give my word with some sparse evidence to back it up, and I perfectly understand that. If you have further questions, believe me, or do not believe me, comment below and I may make things a bit clearer. Other than that, I say farewell.

User Info: 69-percent

69-percent
4 years ago#2
who's your favorite character mine's captain falcon
Sacramento Kings Fan http://i.imgur.com/vLyPbc4.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/SSBMLinkcombo1 http://tinyurl.com/SSBMLinkcombo2

User Info: CrystalKing5426

CrystalKing5426
4 years ago#3
Board User Information
User NameL033
User ID7163345
Board User Level13: Provisional (4)
New account with less than 3 Karma. Can create 4 topics, 40 messages per day (15 per hour)
Account CreatedTuesday, December 16, 2014 3:02 PM
Last VisitTuesday, December 16, 2014 3:51 PM
Karma0
Active Messages Posted1
http://i.imgur.com/xqB2BlY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KSkhVsD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jTCrin9.jpg

User Info: KillerKremling

KillerKremling
4 years ago#4
I hate you fake leakers.
You can call me Kremling, unlike Paco I don't Chuckle
If you believe in the Sun God Ra and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

User Info: WellComeOn

WellComeOn
4 years ago#5
i asked my uncle that work at nintedo.

and he said that only a fraction of this leak is legit
THE OFFICIAL HITLER AND RULER OF THE ZELDA WIIU BOARD.
i need to close my account. people who agree:33.people who disagree:4

User Info: RedAhmed

RedAhmed
4 years ago#6
Not this again.
NNID: RedAhmed | 3DSFC: 4339 2569 6938 | PSN: RedAhmed48
Watch my work on: http://achiii030.deviantart.com/

User Info: Wings of Forte

Wings of Forte
4 years ago#7
Funny thing is that a lot of what he's saying would be absolutely awesome if it were true. Not saying I believe him, just that it would be awesome.
A.K.A Red Dingo
FC: 0302-0723-2743

User Info: 69-percent

69-percent
4 years ago#8
I was just wondering why Ganondorf is in the very middle of the tiers. Before I get into what I mean, allow me to first put out there that I have been playing for years, and I have watched MANY videos of the tournament masters.

My brother and I found out, through years of play, literally EVERY advanced technique in the game, except the wavedash, which we stumbled upon, but wrote off as simply hilarious. I was surprised to find that all the wacky observations we have encountered and adapted are actually defined in the glossary in the sticky topic above! Three of the particularly surprising terms that I could not believe had been widely known and utilized were the Phantom Hit (I just thought I had a glitchy game) and that effect where recovering at the right time from attacks that sent you flying results in an upward boost if you jump out/air dodge/whatever early enough (I cannot remember what it was called in the sticky), and the waveland.

Now, I have been using Ganondorf against my brother lately, and he cannot seem to beat me. We think we know why, and we think it puts Ganon at the top of the tiers. I will be brief. Ganondorf has his air forward. We call it 'The Punch.' It has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

If he misses, he can just do his A punch if the opponent tries to retaliate, or shield/roll. I am telling you, Ganondorf is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery (Double Jump, Down B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS, Up B).

Next, check his roll. It goes like half screen. It makes him rather fast, nearly eliminating his speed problem on the ground, and a great character when it comes to the defensive game. It pretty much eliminates the need for his wavedash, which, with Ganondorf, who needs to do most of his attacking from hops, is pretty much useless already unless you are looking to smash attack. Wavesmashing, however, in my opinion, is also a bad idea, because, in the time and damage it takes you to actually land a smash, you could have just used The Punch and killed you opponent by then.

Even though he has to fight mostly in the air, 3 of his 4 air attacks are pretty fast, and are quite massive. A major advantage he has is that nearly all his attacks move the opponent considerably, and can topple him from 0%, so his opponent gets little to no counterattack opportunity.

The only explanation I can find for why he is low on the tiers is that no one has used him seriously. I think he really keeps up, if not tops, the top tier characters.

I really do not like to simply shoot my mouth, and I am not one who thinks it right to shower a character in encomium, and never actually prove anything. Is there online for this somewhere, or is that simply wishful thinking? If not, please do not yell at me and stuff until you at least check out The Punch. Goes right through projectiles, goes right through attacks, goes right through faces. Please just give Ganondorf another shot and tell me what you thnk.

Final Comment: People have a tendency to think that posts from newcomers to a board but veterans of its respective game are saying they are better than everyone else, regardles of what the post actually says. Please note that I did not say 'I am better than you' or 'Ganon is better than Fox.' I said, essentially: 'Ganon seems to be great. These are his strengths. He may top Fox. Check him out and see if you agree.' I will say, however, that I am a full master of Ganondorf.

Please give Ganondorf a second look before responding so you know where I am coming from!
Sacramento Kings Fan http://i.imgur.com/vLyPbc4.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/SSBMLinkcombo1 http://tinyurl.com/SSBMLinkcombo2

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
4 years ago#9
^lol
Bowser as the protagonist of a RTS game needs to happen at some point.
Fan of Majora's Mask, M+L: Superstar Saga, Metroid Prime 2, and DKC: Tropical Freeze.

User Info: L033

L033
4 years ago#10
KillerKremling posted...
I hate you fake leakers.

I give you my word, I am not faking anything. Wait until January, and my proof will most likely lie there. If you can disprove anything that I have said, then do so, as I know that I am telling the truth.
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Board User Information
User NameL033
User ID7163345
Board User Level13: Provisional (4)
New account with less than 3 Karma. Can create 4 topics, 40 messages per day (15 per hour)
Account CreatedTuesday, December 16, 2014 3:02 PM
Last VisitTuesday, December 16, 2014 3:51 PM
Karma0
Active Messages Posted1

Yes, I created this account solely for the purpose of telling this information. Quite a keen eye, but in what way is that relevant to the accuracy of my information. Just an observation.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Zelda Wii U New Leaked Information
  • Topic Archived