• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. That was certainly a mediocre experience
Purah 4 months ago#11
jojopellegrino posted...
@Purah does WWHD in Cemu require use of the Gamepad touchscreen or sensor bar required ? Or it can all be played with controller?

I played it with the Hori Gamecube USB controller. Works perfectly.
TimeCrisis 4 months ago#12
Sega9599 posted...
As long as it's synced to the console and not too far away
Oh yea you totally misread my post lol
TC IS #1!
TimeCrisis 4 months ago#13
Purah posted...
I played it with the Hori Gamecube USB controller. Works perfectly.
Thanks that’s good to know
TC IS #1!
Sega9599 4 months ago#14
jojopellegrino posted...
Oh yea you totally misread my post lol
.yes i totally did. Console over emulator for the true touchscreen wwhd experience imo
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....
PugilisticDev 4 months ago#15
I agree with a lot of your points completely or to some extent. My main complaints are dungeons, bosses, enemy variety, rewards (in part because of breaking weapons) and side quests. Overall, I loved the game though. I enjoyed the world and the gameplay overall.
Metal Gear!?
(edited 4 months ago)
triablos 3 months ago#16
BotW is my favourite game but I agree with most of your points. It's definitely the most flawed, yet still incredible game I've ever played.
Agahran 2 months ago#17
What the hell are you even talking about? This game has the best controls, especially the best horse riding controls, camera, overworld, physics, etc. than any other game I've ever played. It sounds weird you're not able to play a game with such a simple control scheme. I'm not sure what you mean by camera going apes***. It works exactly the same way it works in games such as gta v or dark souls. It moves only if you move it with the right analog stick. It won't get stuck anywhere. As for z targeting, it works perfectly.

And no, enemies can't shoot you with an arrow if they are not facing you. The arrow must've come from somewhere else. Or maybe it was a Lynel. They really have some super skills with their bows.

Just for example, are you aware you need to tame the horses and bond with them before you get full control over them?

Take my sister for example. She is not a gamer, generally. She has tried some games like Twilight Princess, Dark Souls, and found them boring. Several years went and she didn't play anything. Then all of a sudden she contacted me and said she'd gotten hooked to the new Zelda, a series that was in no way one of her favorites, because she didn't really like any game.

The main reasons for her reaction were, a world that won't hold your hand and is completely open and beautiful af. And the fact you could do almost anything. She said the game grabbed her at the moment she realized it's possible to cut almost any tree and in her first experience, make a bridge for it. To be honest, I think it's ridiculous no other open world game allows you even to cut trees. Or burn grass. Or move rocks. Or have the temperature change depending on the time of day or the height you're on.

The physics and openness separates this from all other open world games. The exploration is not icon hunting like in those crappy ubisoft games you mentioned. The entire world is handcrafted instead of randomly putting trees and rocks here and there ala lesser games like Skyrim. There are puzzles in the overworld, such as the one that requires you to create a pillar of ice on a small puddle of water and then place a snowball on top of it. Then, wait for the sun to reach a point where the structure casts a shadow to a certain point revealing a shrine. You need to do shrines to get stronger, since the overall narrative is simple: train until you get strong enough to defeat Ganon. That's all you need to know, and all there needs to be for a game where you can carve your own path freely. Everything else but the main objective is optional, and that's the beauty of this uniquely open narrative. Surely, there is more to the story and sidestories but they are not a requirement.

It's sad you haven't realized the beauty of this masterpiece. Gladly, most professional critics in the world of gaming agree with me, taking account BotW has more perfect reviews than any other game in the history of metacritic. And by a long shot.
(edited 2 months ago)
I’m replaying BotW right now, and to me it has been a lukewarm experience: I agree with almost all criticisms above, not the puzzles nor the engaging storytelling somewhat expected, yet I find myself cemented to the game due to its sheer size, cinematic coherence, and amazing care for details. If only Nintendo had worked on an OoT / M’s M remake on a similar scale! To be honest, several mechanisms are pretty well executed here, like the horseback battles or mountain gliding. Thinking about it, Nintendo could have found the perfect mold for its next Harvest Moon…
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. That was certainly a mediocre experience
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A