• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
1 year ago#1
Is it true they did not include any touch screen functions to ensure this version had not advantages over the Switch version?

User Info: Thorscape

Thorscape
1 year ago#2
The part of it being seen as an "advantage" is speculation. But the functionality was cut because of the Switch port job.
Along with many other features like animal followers (other than wolf Link).

its_matt
1 year ago#3
Functions that would not work on the Switch were cut from the WiiU version?

User Info: Thorscape

Thorscape
1 year ago#4
Not necessarily functions that wouldn't work. More so things they didn't have time for.

The game was set for a November/December 2016 release (after a different delay that had it at Summer 2016) but was delayed further because the Switch had no launch title.

The team was told to port it to the Switch some time in late Winter or early Spring 2016 to coincide with the launch of the Switch.

It was still unfinished at this point so they finished what they had and cut lots of things to make the Switch deadline.

This is documented in many Japanese only interviews from around Fall 2017.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
1 year ago#5
Whatever the case, the loss of being able to manage the inventory screen on the fly was a big shame
(message deleted)

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 year ago#7
DekuFireMage posted...
Whatever the case, the loss of being able to manage the inventory screen on the fly was a big shame

yep
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 year ago#8
It makes no sense that the developers would have to cut gamepad functions from the Wii U version of the game that were already shown to be there so that they could meet a deadline to also make it a Switch launch title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM

Nintendo wanted the way the game was played on the Switch to be the only option on both platforms so that the newer hardware wouldn't look like it lost something that the Wii U was capable of. It was a crappy move by Nintendo to Wii U owners, but fortunately for them. Lame marketing for new products covers all of that up.

User Info: IAmCaptPlanet

IAmCaptPlanet
10 months ago#9
i played the Wii U version when it came out and let the "no touch screen" stuff peeve me into not playing very far (to 1st dungeon, the elephant),

playing my 1st full playthrough on the switch in the past week has been a blast, i think it just took about 3 years to get over Nintendo neutering the U version for me to finally give this magnificent game a chance (up to the camel, and saved it for last!)
THE POWER IS YOURS!
(edited 10 months ago)

its_matt
10 months ago#10
IAmCaptPlanet posted...
i played the Wii U version when it came out and let the "no touch screen" stuff peeve me into not playing very far (to 1st dungeon, the elephant),

playing my 1st full playthrough on the switch in the past week has been a blast, i think it just took about 3 years to get over Nintendo neutering the U version for me to finally give this magnificent game a chance (up to the camel, and saved it for last!)

Thinking back I didn’t let the no touch screen thing bother me but that stupid message that fades in and out on the touch screen was really annoying at first.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A