You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How big is the Trial of the Sword?

User Info: MistressFi

MistressFi
1 month ago#1
One of my favorite pastimes now is to go out of bounds inside the Trial of the Sword. I found out that the area where the actual enemy rooms are is situated atop this giant, square-shaped plateau. At one edge, there’s an enormous body of water, but there’s a strong wind to keep you from gliding down to it, and you’ll fall through the ground with no voiding out if you try jumping. (Luckily, you can always pull out your map and fast-travel in order to escape.)

After running around some more, I came to another ledge that has land below, and I was able to glide down to it. I ran toward the horizon for about 12 in-game hours and still never came to an end or any obstacles or a void-out point or anything. It all leads me to wonder how large this area is, how far you could possibly go, and what you’d find when you reached the outer limit, if there is one.

User Info: CreepyNoodles

CreepyNoodles
1 month ago#2
I actually really want to know how far it goes out. I would attempt to check if I was actually able to do the clip out of bounds glitch. I gave up after over an hour trying.

MistressFi
1 month ago#3
The only place where I’ve gotten it to work for me is by Stasis-ing the the metal crate into the right-hand corner of highest platform in the first room of the Middle Trial, but it’s worked pretty consistently in that spot — every time, I think.

I have a theory that pushing against it from the direction it’s being launched while the rune wears off is necessary for it to work, since that’s what I saw someone do in a video, but I could just be getting lucky.

User Info: KingofRogues

KingofRogues
1 month ago#4
usually glitches that break the floor plane go on for infinity...but cool find...i was just in that trial

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 month ago#5
idk but that's f***ing awesome, keep going
Yunobo reminds me of me: A nerd who most people on the internet hate, but a few don't.
When Link has ancient arrows the Guardians hear their own theme music.

MistressFi
4 weeks ago#6
Cool thing: After more poking around, I found the room where you receive the Master Sword upgrades. It’s in this huge valley in the lowlands surrounding the plateau where the combat rooms are. It’s only visible as this huge dark spot from afar, but when you glide down and go closer, the skybox shifts to night and the shrine music kicks in, which is how I know what room it is.

Not-so-cool thing: The room is surrounded by the trigger that makes you void out constantly, so you can’t actually get there by land. You might be able to get close if you tried gliding down to it from atop the plateau, but I’m not sure. (Even if you could, I’m not sure how you’d clip back in bounds or get one of the platforms once you did.)

If anyone’s interested in checking it out, you can get to it by clipping out of bounds in the Middle Trial’s first room, heading to the nearest edge of the plateau, and then running to the left along that ledge until you come to the corner. Then just glide down and the dark spot will come into view.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

MistressFi
4 weeks ago#7
Update: I found out that coming at the dark spot from certain directions allows for the room itself to be loaded in for you to see. From the outside, it looks like a GIANT cylindrical thing made of the same shiny black stuff the shrines are. Unfortunately, no matter how high or from which direction you glide in, the game will always void you out if you try to get close to it. I don’t know if the exterior is climbable because of this, but judging by the way the shrines work, I’m guessing it is not.

Now I think I’m going to go to the one edge of the plateau I haven’t been to yet, so I can see if there’s anything interesting down below. I will post the results.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
4 weeks ago#8
Does this glitch still work?
Yunobo reminds me of me: A nerd who most people on the internet hate, but a few don't.
When Link has ancient arrows the Guardians hear their own theme music.

MistressFi
4 weeks ago#9
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
Does this glitch still work?

You mean the clip-out-of-bounds one? Yep, sure seems to. I’ve made it a habit of doing it now, and I don’t think it’s failed to work a single time.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How big is the Trial of the Sword?