You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. un-even Damage from Gold Lynels

User Info: ShinVegaI

ShinVegaI
2 months ago#1
Greetings,

I am fairly adept at fighting lynels by now. I wear the Champions Tuni, Hateno Soldiers helm & greaves - ALL fully upgraded to Level 4....

So, anyways I obviously use a mighty meal and savage lynel bow to take them down quickly, the problem is that the G.Lynel in the N. Tabantha Snowfield does Waaaaay more damage to me than any other lynel (one hit kills when I have 24 hearts with his explosion thingy), I have died twice there now Im in Master Mode and I literally have almost gotten everything except for finiahing trail of sword, finding another 600 Korok Seeds, and /7 shrines remaining plus all four beasts are conquered.

Anyone know why this huge descrepancy in damage??? Is it a RNG??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Master Gamer est. 1987
Games: ALttP, BotW, SSFIIT, Tales of Zestiria, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Rogue Galaxy, etc.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
2 months ago#2
Damage is never RNG.Its simply doing more damage because of its weapon.
3DS FC:3454-6183-7999
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
2 months ago#3
Enemy weapons with modifiers for damage will do more damage to you than other enemies that have the same weapon.

So a Lynel with a Savage Crusher with the highest possible attack mod for that weapon will demolish even a max heart player compared to a Lynel with just a durability up or long throw Savage Crusher. Same for Lynels that have a max attack sword or max attack spear vs durability/throw swords/spears. And, of course, crushers will basically always do more damage than sword or spear variants. The moves they use also make a difference with the damage they do.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.

User Info: ShinVegaI

ShinVegaI
2 months ago#4
snake_5036 posted...
Enemy weapons with modifiers for damage will do more damage to you than other enemies that have the same weapon.

So a Lynel with a Savage Crusher with the highest possible attack mod for that weapon will demolish even a max heart player compared to a Lynel with just a durability up or long throw Savage Crusher. Same for Lynels that have a max attack sword or max attack spear vs durability/throw swords/spears. And, of course, crushers will basically always do more damage than sword or spear variants. The moves they use also make a difference with the damage they do.

This.

That is what I was looking for, much thanks!!
Master Gamer est. 1987
Games: ALttP, BotW, SSFIIT, Tales of Zestiria, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Rogue Galaxy, etc.

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
2 months ago#5
You're welcome!
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. un-even Damage from Gold Lynels