You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. With Switch version getting VR, Wii U version should get cut Gamepad stuff.

User Info: gilgamesh21

gilgamesh21
1 month ago#1
Still optional though. Nintendo kept saying they didn't want both versions to be very different. Now that they will be, features wise, there's no reason (besides money and time) to hold back the Gamepad controls/etc. for the Wii U version. I think it would be really fun to see and use the Gamepad stuff.

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
1 month ago#2
They don't even manufacture Wii Us anymore

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 month ago#3
I don't think Nintendo has any interest in updating the Wii U version ever again. They probably want to be done with that system.
It's a secret to everybody!

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
1 month ago#4
I'd be happy if they slashed the price of the DLC on the U.

Still not happening though.

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius
1 month ago#5
Gamepad functionality would be nice. I'm still miffed at how people call this version the "inferior" one.
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.

User Info: GullenOrvar

GullenOrvar
1 month ago#6
Tippetarius posted...
Gamepad functionality would be nice. I'm still miffed at how people call this version the "inferior" one.

Apparently our version loads faster than the Switch too.

Tippetarius
1 month ago#7
I have a question about this, actually. I don't own a Switch myself, but from what I've seen of them, they appear to have a little portable-screen-controller-thing that I think you can use to play games on the go...but if that's the case, why couldn't they keep the gamepad functionality for both versions and have that screen-thing be the gamepad's equivalent on the new console?

I reckon this is something that's really obvious to people who own a Switch...but as I said, I do not, and I would like to know the answer.
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: izzymc85

izzymc85
1 month ago#8
That's because that "portable screen controller thing" is the Switch console itself. The screen is not used while it is docked and connected to the TV.

Tippetarius
1 month ago#9
izzymc85 posted...
That's because that "portable screen controller thing" is the Switch console itself. The screen is not used while it is docked and connected to the TV.

I'd guessed it was something like that. Though I still don't understand why they couldn't just let you use it and play on the TV at the same time, but whatever.

User Info: izzymc85

izzymc85
1 month ago#10
The controller is the console so to speak. It's more like a tablet, and the controllers on the side detach. The dock does nothing more than charge and supply power to the console, and display it on the TV.

It's not like the Wii U where you have a console, and the gamepad is a separate controller. The Switch plays anywhere because the tablet is the console itself.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. With Switch version getting VR, Wii U version should get cut Gamepad stuff.