You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Questions about starting a new file with all DLC

User Info: karsin91

karsin91
1 month ago#1
I beat the vanilla version on the WiiU close to when it was released. Have a switch and BotW for it and considering replaying the whole thing with the DLC. Am I able to access it all early game/with a brand new file?

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 month ago#2
I won’t spoil it, but more and more DLC unlocks as you progress through the game.
Zelda rescues the princess from Gannon with the Hylian Sword and the Master Shield, and the spells Din's Love, Farore's Fire, and Nayru's Wind.

User Info: karsin91

karsin91
1 month ago#3
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
I won’t spoil it, but more and more DLC unlocks as you progress through the game.

Okay thanks! Does it throw it right in my face as I unlock it or is it hidden and I have to figure out that it’s suddenly unlocked?

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 month ago#4
karsin91 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

Okay thanks! Does it throw it right in my face as I unlock it or is it hidden and I have to figure out that it’s suddenly unlocked?

It throws it in your face, i.e. tons of quests when you leave the Great Plateau
Zelda rescues the princess from Gannon with the Hylian Sword and the Master Shield, and the spells Din's Love, Farore's Fire, and Nayru's Wind.

User Info: Redmoon383

Redmoon383
4 weeks ago#5
The extra gear ones like the Phantom armor set, the ancient horse gear, and the teleporter token are dumped on you yes, but things like the Master Sword Trials and the Champion's ballad require certain other steps. Currently working on the champion's ballads and I like how they require me to actually know what I'm doing with the mechanics of this game (though I sorta "broke" one with stasis and bombs but the physics allowed it sooooo)
Long may the sun shine \(---)/
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Questions about starting a new file with all DLC