You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is it possible for Zelda to ever be the bad guy

User Info: YamiJustin

YamiJustin
3 months ago#1
Or for Ganondorf to become good if not an anti hero? Or are those story changes not possible even if in one game
3DS Friend Code: 2853-0143-3490 | Steam & PSN: YamiJustin | Geforce 1080 Ti Hydro Copper | Currently playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

User Info: gandolfi

gandolfi
3 months ago#2
Nintendo likes there "this is good, this is bad and we do not have a gray area". What I would like to try is a game where you get to be ganondorf. Mix in time travel, so in the past you can talk with people but in the present everyone's trying to run or kill you. The whole game you are being hunted by link, kinda look like metroid fusion. You find out the seven sages are trying to seal you. You hunt them, gather their magic, cuz ganondorf has magic, but at the last one with all the other powers. Poif

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
3 months ago#3
Just go write fanfiction or something and get it out of your system
I was grinched by the Grinch leak
Date I can remove this sig: April 1st (Irony amirite)

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius
3 months ago#4
In my opinion, the dumbest ideas you could use for a story are the most obvious ones, and the scenario of Zelda being the villain and Ganondorf the hero is one of the most obvious hypotheticals in the book. It's right up there with making Zelda the main character and bringing Midna back. Nintendo could go with them, but doesn't because they're way too easy.
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.

User Info: Zanthion

Zanthion
2 months ago#5
Tippetarius posted...
In my opinion, the dumbest ideas you could use for a story are the most obvious ones, and the scenario of Zelda being the villain and Ganondorf the hero is one of the most obvious hypotheticals in the book. It's right up there with making Zelda the main character and bringing Midna back. Nintendo could go with them, but doesn't because they're way too easy.

The whole "have Link and Zelda team up with Ganondorf to defeat an even more powerful villain!" is the biggest one for me, followed closely by "have Link get captured and Zelda go on a quest to save him!" People bring these ideas up all the time as if they're some amazing revelation no one's ever thought of before, and I'm like, "Um, dude, you know this is literally the first (or second) thing anyone thinks of when suggesting a story idea Nintendo hasn't tried, right?"

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius
2 months ago#6
Zanthion posted...
Tippetarius posted...

The whole "have Link and Zelda team up with Ganondorf to defeat an even more powerful villain!" is the biggest one for me, followed closely by "have Link get captured and Zelda go on a quest to save him!" People bring these ideas up all the time as if they're some amazing revelation no one's ever thought of before, and I'm like, "Um, dude, you know this is literally the first (or second) thing anyone thinks of when suggesting a story idea Nintendo hasn't tried, right?"

Not to mention it's a really tricky thing to do right, making the longstanding villain do a temporary team-up with the heroes. Super Mario Bros. gets away with it a lot because Bowser only teams up with Mario in the spinoff games (that I know of), which give him a more comedic portrayal, and he makes clear every time that he's only doing it so that he can take over the world himself instead of some other bad guy doing it...Plus, he and Mario have been enemies for so long that their "good vs. evil constant struggle" has become more of a semi-friendly rivalry where they know they'll always have to face off against each other and are largely doing it for kicks at this point.

If you want an example of where it's done incompetently, play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. WayForward tried to do the same thing with Shantae and Risky Boots that Nintendo did with Mario and Bowser, what with the "I'm only helping you to keep someone else from conquering the world instead of me", but the two of them became a little too chummy by the end of it, so that when Half-Genie Hero rolled around and Risky became even more evil than usual, it came off as really out-of-place and weird.
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Volvagia_slayer

Volvagia_slayer
2 months ago#7
Based on the lore of the series, yes, it is possible for Zelda to be bad and Ganondorf to be good. However, that would directly contradict the themes of the series, so it's very unlikely that Nintendo would do that (unless Zelda was possessed by something bad as in Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks, or Ganondorf started out good and was eventually corrupted into evilness by some demonic influence).

Definitely not impossible, but extremely unlikely that Nintendo's writers would ever venture there.

User Info: Tazitivity

Tazitivity
2 months ago#8
zelda is female. so bad GIRL not bad guy.

Unless you count sheik (not sure if spell right) (me gramr gud)
Currently Playing :(: Twilight Princess :):
Most powerful weapon in the zelda series... A DAMNED OCARINA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

User Info: GullenOrvar

GullenOrvar
1 month ago#9
The entire franchise is a symbol for wisdom and courage coming together to triumph over power so...

...no.

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
1 month ago#10
Ganon is good and Zelda is evil if you look at it from a different point of view.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is it possible for Zelda to ever be the bad guy