You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Anyone else think Daruk's Protection is a little weird?

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
2 months ago#11
guy12345 posted...
Goron's have tough hides, they can take a lot of heavy hits and still survive...why are ou having trouble with this??
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
2 months ago#12
guy12345 posted...
Goron's have tough hides, they can take a lot of heavy hits and still survive...why are ou having trouble with this??

Because why does an already nigh invincible rock monster need a protection spell
I was grinched by the Grinch leak
Date I can remove this sig: April 1st (Irony amirite)

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius
2 months ago#13
guy12345 posted...

Because giving a redundant explanation and then asking "Why aren't you getting this?" doesn't make the TC stubborn or stupid for not wanting to accept that.

The question isn't "Why would a Goron give you a defensive spell? Gorons have no connection to defense whatsoever." The question is "Why would completing the fire dungeon give you a defensive spell that doesn't seem to involve fire?"
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.

User Info: EgregiousGreg

EgregiousGreg
2 months ago#14
DekuFireMage posted...
It is the least useful out of the champion abilities though. It doesn't do anything a properly timed parry already wouldn't.

Daruk's Protection actually protects you from fall damage. Doesn't help if you keep rolling and hurting yourself down the slope ahead though. It's still the coolest of the champ abilities to me.

DekuFireMage
2 months ago#15
EgregiousGreg posted...
DekuFireMage posted...
It is the least useful out of the champion abilities though. It doesn't do anything a properly timed parry already wouldn't.

Daruk's Protection actually protects you from fall damage. Doesn't help if you keep rolling and hurting yourself down the slope ahead though. It's still the coolest of the champ abilities to me.

Eh, you can survive fall damage with Mipha's ability anyways, and hers is more versatile. Meanwhile Revali's is infinitely useful for getting around terrain and Urbosa's cheeses combat

User Info: Theuser

Theuser
1 month ago#16
Listen, the champions ABILITIES are what they're powers are. Mipha can heal so you get Mipha's Grace, Revali could create updrafts from his wings Revali's Gale, Urbosa, if you even SAW the cut scene then you saw her wake zelda up with snapping her fingers and making lighting Urbosa's Fury. But now to answer your question, it is plain as day stated when you talk to the elder at goron city, the one dude is Daruk's ancestor so he inherited Daruk's impenetrable barrier, yes gorons are strong but daruk's power made him invulnerable, when you met him as a spirit he gives you DARUK'S PROTECTION if you cared enough about the game you would know why you get these abilities

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius
1 month ago#17
Theuser posted...
Listen, the champions ABILITIES are what they're powers are. Mipha can heal so you get Mipha's Grace, Revali could create updrafts from his wings Revali's Gale, Urbosa, if you even SAW the cut scene then you saw her wake zelda up with snapping her fingers and making lighting Urbosa's Fury. But now to answer your question, it is plain as day stated when you talk to the elder at goron city, the one dude is Daruk's ancestor so he inherited Daruk's impenetrable barrier, yes gorons are strong but daruk's power made him invulnerable, when you met him as a spirit he gives you DARUK'S PROTECTION if you cared enough about the game you would know why you get these abilities

How many times are people going to make this argument? The question is being asked from a design standpoint, not an in-universe one. Of course you get Daruk's Protection because it was Daruk's special ability, but why does the fire dungeon earn you a spell that has nothing to do with fire? That's what's being asked here.
Call me Tip. Or Tippi, if you prefer. And yes, just like my namesake, I'm actually a girl.

User Info: mcsm12398

mcsm12398
1 month ago#18
Maybe we’ve alTippetarius posted...
Theuser posted...

How many times are people going to make this argument? The question is being asked from a design standpoint, not an in-universe one. Of course you get Daruk's Protection because it was Daruk's special ability, but why does the fire dungeon earn you a spell that has nothing to do with fire? That's what's being asked here.

Maybe we’ve all been looking at it all wrong.

Maybe Daruk’s protection is supposed to represent earth in the classical elemental quartet, given that it’s a simple protective barrier, and given that Gorons are rock people who live in a rocky land which is super-heated by molten rock, which is molten and hot due to geological (rock) forces. Contrast this with Urbosa’s fury, which is lightning (something that is actually hot enough to set Link’s thermometer on fire and cause fires), and which is produced by a Gerudo living in a land that is super-heated by the sun, an entity that is more associated with fire than the rocks that radioactively decay to create the heat of the Eldin region.

DekuFireMage
4 weeks ago#19
mcsm12398 posted...
Maybe we’ve alTippetarius posted...
Theuser posted...

Maybe we’ve all been looking at it all wrong.

Maybe Daruk’s protection is supposed to represent earth in the classical elemental quartet, given that it’s a simple protective barrier, and given that Gorons are rock people who live in a rocky land which is super-heated by molten rock, which is molten and hot due to geological (rock) forces. Contrast this with Urbosa’s fury, which is lightning (something that is actually hot enough to set Link’s thermometer on fire and cause fires), and which is produced by a Gerudo living in a land that is super-heated by the sun, an entity that is more associated with fire than the rocks that radioactively decay to create the heat of the Eldin region.

Except the desert uses electric enemies and death mountain uses fire ones

User Info: gbytem3

gbytem3
3 weeks ago#20
i think its more about being rock hard or something
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Anyone else think Daruk's Protection is a little weird?