Should I get Wind Waker HD?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: DatOneAkumaMain

DatOneAkumaMain
1 month ago#1
Kind of a basic question, but it was on my mind for a while. I'm getting a Wii U because I really don't feel the need to get a Switch considering the prices right now and the fact that I've missed out on a lot from the Wii U lineup. I'm going to get Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros, but I was thinking of getting Wind Waker HD as a third option, if at all. As an added note, I'm not going to invest in a Gamepad, simply the Pro Controller. What do you guys think? Should I get Wind Waker HD, get something else, or just leave the third option alone.

User Info: whisperstar13

whisperstar13
1 month ago#2
The Wind Waker HD is a pretty good game, and a solid improvement over the original in several aspects. I'd definitely recommend buying it, if you really want to.
Think like a proton...Always positive. ;)

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
4 weeks ago#3
Yes.
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: este914

este914
4 weeks ago#4
Decapre posted...
Yes.
--
-

User Info: juicebox4

juicebox4
3 weeks ago#5
if you don't have a gamepad, you won't be able to do certain shrines IIRC in BotW just FYI.
*Ding dong, bing bong*
GABBA GABBA HEY

User Info: CatMuto

CatMuto
3 weeks ago#6
Isn't a gamepad already contained when buying a WiiU? Mine was, though I bought mine used.

If you've never played Wind Waker before, yeah, go ahead and get the game.
If you have played Wind Waker on the Gamecube, I'd say skip it. The HD remaster is neat, but they didn't change enough of it to really justify buying the game 'again'.
My 3DS FC: 2724-0768-4793
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
3 weeks ago#7
I don't think you can even really use a Wii U without a GamePad. It's not some optional peripheral, you need it for the system options and various games.

Also, if you want to play Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker HD, you want a GamePad for the motion controls alone. Aiming is so much faster and precise with it than with an analog stick. Plus, it's mandatory for all Apparatus Shrines in BotW.
Hyrule Blog
http://hyrule.blog

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
2 weeks ago#8
yes...definitely
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
2 weeks ago#9
TourianTourist posted...
I don't think you can even really use a Wii U without a GamePad. It's not some optional peripheral, you need it for the system options and various games.
Yes, you can, use your Wii U, but you're locked out of a lot of system features (web browser, system settings) or even whole games (Mario Maker, Xenoblade X after Miiverse's death, etc.)

Source: Got mine stolen. I should know :/ and I should get a new one down the line, especially if Xenoblade X doesn't end up being ported to Switch
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
F/GO Friend ID: 223,882,565 (PM me if you send me a request)

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
2 weeks ago#10
NE_OC posted...
Yes, you can, use your Wii U, but you're locked out of a lot of system features (web browser, system settings) or even whole games (Mario Maker, Xenoblade X after Miiverse's death, etc.)

Uhm, that's what I said. "You need it for the system options and various games."

Yes, you can use a Wii U without one, but ultimately you will need the GamePad at some point, so it's not really optional.
Hyrule Blog
http://hyrule.blog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.