• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Why is it called "Breath of the Wild"? *spoilers, maybe?*

User Info: QuasiSeal

QuasiSeal
3 years ago#11
I'm sorry but how do you not understand it's meaning? Just from the first showing and it's name reveal I understood it.

The primary focus of BOTW is adventure, exploration. You are exploring the lands of Hyrule which at this point nature; the wild, has taken over.

User Info: ZeldaFan42

ZeldaFan42
3 years ago#12
Rather than an "open-world" game, Nintendo has repeatedly referred to BotW as an "open-air" game. The "Breath" in the title probably relates to this open-air concept.

The "Wild" in the title is easier to understand, as it's in reference to the abundance of wilderness that covers Hyrule.

I can't remember exactly where I heard it, but I do vaguely remember that shortly after the title was revealed, Nintendo actually acknowledged that most past Zelda games had the subtitle reference a specific item or person in the game, but with this game they felt like the major selling point was the world so they wanted to evoke the world with the subtitle.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Sir Terry Pratchett

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
3 years ago#13
People can look at it in a way that makes sense if they want, but when it comes to being as attached to the story as well as Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask was, it's weak.

The title was chosen for marketing purposes. To put emphasis on the open-world nature of the game in order to boost sales, that's it.

I love the game but the title wasn't as meaningful as the others in the series.
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX / FFRK RW: 9GVD - Cloud - Finishing Touch
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Why is it called "Breath of the Wild"? *spoilers, maybe?*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A