• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Okay, so the Guardian Shield++ is supposed to deflect Guardian lasers, right?

User Info: Rupin_Salesman

Rupin_Salesman
4 years ago#1
I was on my way to a Shrine that was completely polluted with Decayed Guardians. I got up to one of them and tried deflecting its laser with my Shield.

it just broke

absolutely f***ing nothing happened

Is that supposed to happen or what? I know you can time your swings with the shield to deflect a laser, but this shield advertises itself as being able to automatically deflect them.
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario

User Info: Morbioso

Morbioso
4 years ago#2
Yea, I have never seen it deflect on its own, only ones I deflect manually. I could use a pot lid for that.

User Info: aliashubbatch

aliashubbatch
4 years ago#3
I think it's meant for the small guardians and their smaller blasts.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#4
Only works for Guardian Scouts, which you only really encounter in the shrines. And I think some in the dungeons too.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: Rupin_Salesman

Rupin_Salesman
4 years ago#5
aliashubbatch posted...
I think it's meant for the small guardians and their smaller blasts.

nonexistinghero posted...
Only works for Guardian Scouts, which you only really encounter in the shrines. And I think some in the dungeons too.

Ohh, that explains it. I knew it wouldn't be that easy. Thanks, guys!
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
4 years ago#6
Yes, only small beams. Bad wording, but the Scouts make a "Full Power Laser" if they are almost dead, and that one can't be reflected either.

Stupid question... but guardian weapons are weaker against guardians, or why is there this strange animation as if they wouldn' really car they just got attacked?

User Info: the_rowan

the_rowan
4 years ago#7
I believe that having the shield break to a guardian laser does not allow any damage through at all even with the lowest tier of guardian shield, while having similarly weak shields break to any kind of strong attack allows a lot of damage through. Could be wrong, though.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia

User Info: ClimhazzardZero

ClimhazzardZero
4 years ago#8
There is a shield that deflects any Guardian lasers (the Ancient Shield) which you can craft at Robbie's lab, but it costs a handful of guardian materials including one giant ancient core. You can also use ANY shield to reflect Guardian lasers if you can perfect the timing of the parry (hitting A while your shield is raised) and using this method doesn't damage your shield.
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
4 years ago#9
hanautaBOB posted...
but guardian weapons are weaker against guardians, or why is there this strange animation as if they wouldn' really car they just got attacked?

Guardian weapons are usually more efficient in my experiences. At worst, they're equal to normal weapons.

Guardians ignore normal attacks, and only get stunned from strong ones like from two handed weapons or the final hit of a four/five hit combo with swords/spears
You felt your sins weighing on your neck.

User Info: gamer687

gamer687
4 years ago#10
ClimhazzardZero posted...
There is a shield that deflects any Guardian lasers (the Ancient Shield) which you can craft at Robbie's lab, but it costs a handful of guardian materials including one giant ancient core. You can also use ANY shield to reflect Guardian lasers if you can perfect the timing of the parry (hitting A while your shield is raised) and using this method doesn't damage your shield.

While parrying is more badass, I think this sounds like a much better option for the flying ones, which are waaaay harder to parry than ground ones.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Okay, so the Guardian Shield++ is supposed to deflect Guardian lasers, right?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A