• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: GeneraLight

GeneraLight
2 years ago#11
Well at least there is a way to repair weapons in this game, despite being unconventional.

User Info: Blue_Inigo

Blue_Inigo
2 years ago#12
kupo4life posted...
the ones in the water? where is this octorok
"This is your last dance."

User Info: Hoid

Hoid
2 years ago#13
Cyal posted...
i can't get this to work. i tried the one that suck air in at the goron city. if they suck the weapon in and i don't kill them immediately, they will just shoot out the weapon without restoring durability and if i kill them right after they sucked in the weapon the weapon will not drop (it will disappear). i also went to the water and grass octoroks, but they don't suck in anything.

bump.

Does this work or no?
Popularizing "grank" one topic at a time.
"Damn, that new Rathalos armor looks GRANK!"

User Info: Tymerc

Tymerc
2 years ago#14
I heard that there is a trident that is supposedly unbreakable but idk.

Hoid
2 years ago#15
Specifically the Octorok vacuum trick: Can anyone confirm that doing it repairs weapons?

User Info: BlindRapture

BlindRapture
2 years ago#16
Tymerc posted...
I heard that there is a trident that is supposedly unbreakable but idk.

It breaks but you can make a new one with the right materials.
Let me tell you about Dark Souls...

User Info: Tha_Man_DS

Tha_Man_DS
2 years ago#17
So, I found the Hylian Shield yesterday and I fought a lot of Guardians with is (reflecting lasers and stuff) and it didn't break, so I thought it was unbreakable.

Now I'm reading on several forums that it in fact IS breakable and that it should break after few Guardian lasers...

So; Is it breakable or not?
N3DS friendcode: 0860-3228-8273 (PAL) > Name: Piet S. / Pietendo.
Waiting for: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild, Yooka-Laylee, Mario Odyssey (& Banjo-Threeie)!

User Info: wildcard101

wildcard101
2 years ago#18
There is an octorok on an island in the lava due south of Eldin's flank that will repair your weapons. You throw your weapon to it and it will spit it out renewed after sucking it up. The island is in the far northeastern portion of Lake Darman, and is indicated with two burning skull torches and a group of rusty weapons sitting nearby. If you throw him a rusty weapon it will come out as it's non rusty equivalent. This is the only one that I've been able to get this to work with. Has anyone managed to get any other octorok to make this happen?

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
2 years ago#19
Hoid posted...
Cyal posted...
i can't get this to work. i tried the one that suck air in at the goron city. if they suck the weapon in and i don't kill them immediately, they will just shoot out the weapon without restoring durability and if i kill them right after they sucked in the weapon the weapon will not drop (it will disappear). i also went to the water and grass octoroks, but they don't suck in anything.

Does this work or no?

No, it's just a de-rusting technique.

Tha_Man_DS posted...
So, I found the Hylian Shield yesterday and I fought a lot of Guardians with is (reflecting lasers and stuff) and it didn't break, so I thought it was unbreakable.

Now I'm reading on several forums that it in fact IS breakable and that it should break after few Guardian lasers...

So; Is it breakable or not?

It has a durability of 800. Very strong but not infinite.
Sig

Hoid
2 years ago#20
Does the weapon have to be thrown?

I ask because I have a rusty shield, and you can't throw shields.
  • Topic Archived