why cant we have a conservative Link?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. why cant we have a conservative Link?

User Info: PaladinAlik

PaladinAlik
2 years ago#1
I'm just thinking I mean he's courageous and fighting foreigners trying to invade his home sounds conservative to me
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
2 years ago#2
I don't think we know anything of Link's political views other than he's pro-Princess of Hyrule and anti-Prince of Darkness.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

User Info: PaladinAlik

PaladinAlik
2 years ago#3
I want an option to play as a conservative. Why can't I play as one? I want the option to select a conservative. Link!
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
2 years ago#4
Accepting his traditional role as hero and fighting to preserve the monarchy sounds pretty conservative to me.
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

User Info: ShinyMasamuneZ

ShinyMasamuneZ
2 years ago#5
SkyCrackers posted...
Accepting his traditional role as hero and fighting to preserve the monarchy sounds pretty conservative to me.

Pfft, only in an old definition of the term. Conservatives today want to limit the power of an authoritarian government.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X
Recently Finished: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
1 year ago#6
Because Hyrule's decline was caused by the Hyrexit.
Currently playing: Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
3DS FC: 0473-7780-2611 (IGN: Rivaille in X; Brendan in AS)

User Info: Gwonam_is_Bae

Gwonam_is_Bae
1 year ago#7
Hyrully Clinton
"The Journey awaits!" - prophet of regret
Daisy for smash so California's drought can be ended with tears

User Info: M-Watcher

M-Watcher
1 year ago#8
PaladinAlik posted...
I'm just thinking I mean he's courageous and fighting foreigners trying to invade his home sounds conservative to me

Are they really foreigners? Most of the monsters seem like Hyrulian born citizens to me.

I guess you can make the argument for the Twili, but that's more like an independent nation on Hyrulian soil.
NNID: MWatcher27 / 3DS FC: 1203 - 9408 - 2283
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MWatcher/wishlist

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
1 year ago#9
SkyCrackers posted...

Speaking as a fairly liberal guy, if the options are traditional Hyrulian monarchy or Ganon's iron fist, I think the "conservative" option becomes pretty attractive. <.<
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: Zero23

Zero23
1 year ago#10
Ok dude, let's keep the argument on one board at a time. Politics piss me off too, but at the moment, Aonuma is against Female Link, so the discussion should die down here, just focus on the Sun board.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. why cant we have a conservative Link?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived