CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: SpreadManning

SpreadManning
1 year ago#201
DemPolygons posted...
SpreadManning posted...

Right, being against bulls*** pandering means you are a forever alone.

Get the f*** outta here

You're welcome to go f*** yourself, child.

Stay mad bitterbeard

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#202
again i ask this if link is not a vatar why keep him mute
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
1 year ago#203
AceMos posted...
again i ask this if link is not a vatar why keep him mute

That's become his icon over the years. It'd be weird now if he starts to talk but officially naming him Link in the new game and removing name changing has officially made him a character.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!

User Info: DemPolygons

DemPolygons
1 year ago#204
Jakerific44 posted...

Respecting people who don't wish to completely change an established gaming icon is also cool.

Sure but when they're being bigger jerks about it then the people who requested a gender option it tends to make their cause seem more like butthurt ranting then level headed debating.
As long as it sounds like an opinion you can say whatever offensive and insulting thing you want on GameFAQS.

User Info: MichaelAngel0

MichaelAngel0
1 year ago#205
Gamersoft posted...
MichaelAngel0 posted...
Zonbei posted...
Here's what seems strange to me.

Aonuma:
“The Triforce is made up of Princess Zelda, Ganon and Link. Princess Zelda is obviously female. If we made Link a female we thought that would mess with the balance of the Triforce. That’s why we decided not to do it.”

How does that make sense? Two males and a female is a balanced triforce, but two females and a male isn't? What exactly is the reasoning there? This is a shallow justification for something motivated by a desire to maintain the status quo for the sake of itself.

It's sounds like he's pandering to insecure fanboys of the series.

He should've just came out and said Link is, and always will be, male. Rather than this nonsense that makes literally no sense.

Either way, nothing really changes.

Nope hes saying that so he wont get backlash from the feminazis and the sjws

He needs a better excuse, or reasoning, then, as what he said has not been addressed, or witnessed, in this franchise. It sounds made up, and people will attack that.

Them wanting Link to remain male is fine, but be straight up with it, and do other things to make up for that. Like a Zelda game where Zelda is a major playable character in regards to the plot, make more Metroid games, and, maybe, create new characters for heaven's sake. Nintendo is in need to new franchises, or using some of the more neglected ones.

LoZ can't always be their only emergency button option.

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#206
daniel1232323 posted...
TwinTail304 posted...
AceMos posted...
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...
did your sister ever get bulled for playing games have people say she is now allowed to play gaems have peopel at a store refuse to sell her a video game as it was not for her

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

Guess what, I'm male and I was ridiculed for playing video games and liking Dragon Ball as a kid. Nobody cares.

oh i was mocked for liking anime to see no mater what card you play i got it worse just becuse of my gender growing up

I've been mocked for several years for liking My Little Pony. If this is a contest to see who's worse off, you WILL lose this fight.

My brother was beaten up for being fat growing up. Ridiculed for liking anything. No friends. Being made fun of is nothing in comparison to being physically abused for being yourself.

Strangely enough, I, and many feminists, are also against people being abused for being fat. Or for literally any reason.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
1 year ago#207
Zonbei posted...
And a much vaster number of respected characters in gaming are male. Most games star male leads. So because we made a little bit of headway, and got some respected characters and some games, we should just call it a day?

Not saying that, I'm saying it's not a real issue. There are millions of video games available to play at any given time and lots of them star likable female leads. Shoehorning character decisions to pander to an audience is bad, plain and simple.

Being so focused on your characters' gender doesn't seem very healthy to me, either. I'm a man who has played hundreds of video games where I controlled male characters, female characters, frogs, wolves, toys, blobs, and even a piece of f***ing toast and not once has my experience been sullied because my character wasn't a gender I identified with.
The mistake with this 'equality' agenda is how much the gender itself is the focus instead of the character's personality and values. It's a shame that so many designers simply had a huge stretch of bad taste when designing females, I can't deny that, but to pretend that there's some massive divide in gaming between the genders anymore is delusional.

If I had any problem with the last generations of video game lead characters, it would be that they all look the same, not their gender. I'm referring to the large bald angry guy archetype, but of course the "guy" part of that statement is where everyone puts their cross hairs which isn't fair at all.

Zonbei posted...
The point of arguing about this in Zelda is that the mindset that leads people to spitefully celebrate when there's no female option is the same mindset that would gladly see us move backwards and have even less female characters in gaming. The people who don't BUY new IP's with female characters. The people who want things to never change. Change doesn't just magically happen over time, change happens because people argue, and debate, and ask for change. There wouldn't BE what female leads and characters there are, if not for people challenging the status quo and ASKING for things like a female Link.

People are celebrating because those of you who are pushing so hard for female representation are really annoying and they're tired of hearing about it when you actually DO have a ton of very positive representation in games and from a very early age in its lifespan. I'm pretty sure nobody was campaigning for the lead character in Metroid to be female in order for it to have occurred, and I'm also pretty sure nobody was doing it for Chun Li's creation; they just happened because there were good designers at the helm of these games.
Designers like that are everywhere and always have been. Yes, there are some bad ones, but let's not pretend that the good ones don't count anymore just because we want to continue with the glass half empty attitude.

User Info: DemPolygons

DemPolygons
1 year ago#208
SpreadManning posted...
Stay mad bitterbeard

I'm not mad. Read closer, kid. There's no reason to be so defensive.
I do think you need a nap. Baby is cranky.
As long as it sounds like an opinion you can say whatever offensive and insulting thing you want on GameFAQS.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#209
Zonbei posted...
Jakerific44 posted...

But at the end of the day, you can still tell that he's Link. Turning him female would ruin that, and make him different.

WHY. Why would that ruin that. Give me a good reason. Explain HOW exactly making link female would ruin the spirit of his character. How it would make him so different that it would destroy the character. Could someone please just give me ONE good reason, instead of just simply stating that it would ruin him as if its a fact, with nothing to back it up.

It would cause him to look very different. I don't care if you say that Link looks feminine now, did you see him with his shirt off? He's a guy. He's always been. Always had dirty blonde-blonde hair (after LttP, which really established the Zelda Series). Always had pointy ears. Always blue eyes. No breasts. No curves.
Yes, he isn't left handed anymore. But that doesn't mean anything. That means either 1) he was ambidextrous or 2) gameplay reasons or 3) that really isn't as drastic as changing his entire body.

Females ARE different from males. And it makes them beautiful for it. But Link doesn't need to be female.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: SpreadManning

SpreadManning
1 year ago#210
DemPolygons posted...
SpreadManning posted...
Stay mad bitterbeard

I'm not mad. Read closer, kid. There's no reason to be so defensive.
I do think you need a nap. Baby is cranky.

You are clearly asshurt over the no womyn Link news.

Again, stay mad.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived