CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: DemPolygons

DemPolygons
1 year ago#191
SpreadManning posted...
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

There wasn't a female Link for the previous games.

Damn SJW's....ruining everything.

This. Social justice bitterbeards just wanted something to b**** about.

Why some of you will die alone...

In a series where no Link is the same Link you mean to tell me there wasn't a single female in the hundreds of male Links? Wanting the OPTION of female does not make one a feminist. There's no reason to be a pig about it and resort to petty name calling and male superiority complexes. I'm a guy and I'm finding some of you other guys really offensive. You make us all look bad when you over-react like this to something that's really just preferential. Respecting women is cool, guys. So is letting people have their opinions without being petty about it too. Besides, if you think wanting a female option is feminist then you've probably never seen real "SJW" in action. I have seen some real s***storms-- this is not one of them (or it wasn't till male superiority came into the scene). Let's just be civil.
As long as it sounds like an opinion you can say whatever offensive and insulting thing you want on GameFAQS.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#192
Zonbei posted...
AfroPrime posted...
Zonbei posted...
It's almost as if there's a gender imbalance in gaming, and people want a shift towards equal representation, not away from it.

Some of the most respected characters in gaming are female, and many games have starred female leads. This argument has never been valid or true.

And a much vaster number of respected characters in gaming are male. Most games star male leads. So because we made a little bit of headway, and got some respected characters and some games, we should just call it a day?

The point of arguing about this in Zelda is that the mindset that leads people to spitefully celebrate when there's no female option is the same mindset that would gladly see us move backwards and have even less female characters in gaming. The people who don't BUY new IP's with female characters. The people who want things to never change. Change doesn't just magically happen over time, change happens because people argue, and debate, and ask for change. There wouldn't BE what female leads and characters there are, if not for people challenging the status quo and ASKING for things like a female Link.

Less female leads make them even more respected and awesome, to be honest. When I found out that Samus was a girl, it was the coolest thing for me. She's still in my Top 3 favorite gaming characters.
But so is Link. And he's a character that I, and many other fans, love. He's changed a bit, but so has Samus. So has Mario. But at the end of the day, you can still tell that he's Link. Turning him female would ruin that, and make him different. And different for the sake of representation isn't always good. I'm sorry, but if you hate it so much... make you're own game with a elven female lead.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#193
TwinTail304 posted...
AceMos posted...
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...
did your sister ever get bulled for playing games have people say she is now allowed to play gaems have peopel at a store refuse to sell her a video game as it was not for her

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

Guess what, I'm male and I was ridiculed for playing video games and liking Dragon Ball as a kid. Nobody cares.

oh i was mocked for liking anime to see no mater what card you play i got it worse just becuse of my gender growing up

I've been mocked for several years for liking My Little Pony. If this is a contest to see who's worse off, you WILL lose this fight.

oh a fellow brony eh *bro hoof*

the point im trying to mkae is i got mocked none stop for liking gaming and anime and all of that and if there was more female characters in thes things it would stop other little girls from going through what i went through
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: SpreadManning

SpreadManning
1 year ago#194
DemPolygons posted...
SpreadManning posted...
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

In a series where no Link is the same Link you mean to tell me there wasn't a single female in the hundreds of male Links? Wanting the OPTION of female does not make one a feminist. There's no reason to be a pig about it and resort to petty name calling and male superiority complexes. I'm a guy and I'm finding some of you other guys really offensive. You make us all look bad when you over-react like this to something that's really just preferential. Respecting women is cool, guys. So is letting people have their opinions without being petty about it too. Besides, if you think wanting a female option is feminist then you've probably never seen real feminism in action. I have seen some real s***storms-- this is not one of them (or it wasn't till male superiority came into the scene). Let's just be civil.

Right, being against bulls*** pandering means you are a forever alone.

Get the f*** outta here

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
1 year ago#195
Jakerific44 posted...
But so is Link. And he's a character that I, and many other fans, love. He's changed a bit, but so has Samus. So has Mario. But at the end of the day, you can still tell that he's Link. Turning him female would ruin that, and make him different. And different for the sake of representation isn't always good. I'm sorry, but if you hate it so much... make you're own game with a elven female lead.

I agree with this. People are confusing real life politics with a video game. Sheesh.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#196
DemPolygons posted...
SpreadManning posted...
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

In a series where no Link is the same Link you mean to tell me there wasn't a single female in the hundreds of male Links? Wanting the OPTION of female does not make one a feminist. There's no reason to be a pig about it and resort to petty name calling and male superiority complexes. I'm a guy and I'm finding some of you other guys really offensive. You make us all look bad when you over-react like this to something that's really just preferential. Respecting women is cool, guys. So is letting people have their opinions without being petty about it too. Besides, if you think wanting a female option is feminist then you've probably never seen real feminism in action. I have seen some real s***storms-- this is not one of them (or it wasn't till male superiority came into the scene). Let's just be civil.

Respecting people who don't wish to completely change an established gaming icon is also cool.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#197
Jakerific44 posted...

But at the end of the day, you can still tell that he's Link. Turning him female would ruin that, and make him different.

WHY. Why would that ruin that. Give me a good reason. Explain HOW exactly making link female would ruin the spirit of his character. How it would make him so different that it would destroy the character. Could someone please just give me ONE good reason, instead of just simply stating that it would ruin him as if its a fact, with nothing to back it up.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276
(message deleted)

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#199
Jakerific44 posted...
DemPolygons posted...
SpreadManning posted...
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

Respecting people who don't wish to completely change an established gaming icon is also cool.

those 2 where not respecting any one its the same for both sides respect the otehrs view
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: daniel1232323

daniel1232323
1 year ago#200
TwinTail304 posted...
AceMos posted...
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...
did your sister ever get bulled for playing games have people say she is now allowed to play gaems have peopel at a store refuse to sell her a video game as it was not for her

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

Guess what, I'm male and I was ridiculed for playing video games and liking Dragon Ball as a kid. Nobody cares.

oh i was mocked for liking anime to see no mater what card you play i got it worse just becuse of my gender growing up

I've been mocked for several years for liking My Little Pony. If this is a contest to see who's worse off, you WILL lose this fight.

My brother was beaten up for being fat growing up. Ridiculed for liking anything. No friends. Being made fun of is nothing in comparison to being physically abused for being yourself.

Link is a man and nintendo wanted to keep it that way. why is it hard to not understand it. Its like i made a character designed to be male and i get backlash for me, the creators decision, to make him male. Hes not an avatar. Never was. Hes a character like samus. Who exists forever as the hero. And nintendo can hear all the people wanting the change, but the creators dont see link that way.
you want mother in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived