CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#181
AceMos posted...
TwinTail304 posted...
No, because she was a manager of a local game store. So she obviously had skin that was thicker than RICE PAPER.

oh nice yea a person who get sbullied htere netire life must have thin skin i was speaking from experince i had crap like that happent o me growing up cus "girls dont play games they paly with dolls"

That's awful, but whoever said that was an @sshole. Plain and simple. Not all men are like that, you know.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: TwinTail304

TwinTail304
1 year ago#182
AceMos posted...
TwinTail304 posted...
No, because she was a manager of a local game store. So she obviously had skin that was thicker than RICE PAPER.

oh nice yea a person who get sbullied htere netire life must have thin skin i was speaking from experince i had crap like that happent o me growing up cus "girls dont play games they paly with dolls"

She WAS bullied that's the thing. (not for being a female gamer, but for being a gamer at all) She used it to her advantage and it landed her an epic job.

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
1 year ago#183
AceMos posted...
did your sister ever get bulled for playing games have people say she is now allowed to play gaems have peopel at a store refuse to sell her a video game as it was not for her

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

How the hell will a female link solve that? And your problems are not everyone's problem.

You are literally asking to change an iconic character whom people grew up with. Samus and Bayonetta exist and no one wants them changed. They are all established characters so why should they change?

Your problems are related to real life so they can only be solved in real life. Making Link female will do nothing as people in the gaming world already respect females. The bullies you speak of will not change just because there's a female link.

This is a video game not politics. There are enough women related issues that are all in the real life.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!

TwinTail304
1 year ago#184
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...
did your sister ever get bulled for playing games have people say she is now allowed to play gaems have peopel at a store refuse to sell her a video game as it was not for her

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

Guess what, I'm male and I was ridiculed for playing video games and liking Dragon Ball as a kid. Nobody cares.

Danke.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#185
the avatar series did just fine with a female reincarnation
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#186
Jakerific44 posted...
http://www.themarysue.com/e3-2015-games-with-female-playable-characters/

Here you go. From last year. Here's your representation.

Back in the 80's, we never would have had so many females in gaming. So saying that it's still a huge issue is nonsense.

"Things are better from when they were even worse, so clearly we should all just pat ourselves on the back and stop trying."
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#187
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

Guess what, I'm male and I was ridiculed for playing video games and liking Dragon Ball as a kid. Nobody cares.

oh i was mocked for liking anime to see no mater what card you play i got it worse just becuse of my gender growing up
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
1 year ago#188
AceMos posted...
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

oh i was mocked for liking anime to see no mater what card you play i got it worse just becuse of my gender growing up

Those are real life problems. Changing character gender in a game will do nothing to solve that.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!

TwinTail304
1 year ago#189
AceMos posted...
AfroPrime posted...
AceMos posted...

I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN

I've been mocked for several years for liking My Little Pony. If this is a contest to see who's worse off, you WILL lose this fight.

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#190
Jakerific44 posted...
Rizeroth posted...
Come on people this is a video game not politics. There are real female problems. Go solve them. Link is a beloved character since the childhood of a lot of people. You want to change him?

Apparently, they do.
And they don't care about real world problems. That's what modern feminism is.

I care about "real world problems" AND gaming cultural problems. Crazy how people can care about many things. And they intersect. Our media influences our culture. Our culture leads to the "real world problems" you're talking about.

This is my free time. I'm choosing to spend it arguing on a message board. I have no illusions that this is a lofty pursuit. I'm mostly just venting my frustration about Nintendo's choice. But since I am a feminist in my daily life, I don't just stop being that because I'm hanging out online. It's called having principles.

So because I'm spending my free time arguing about representation in my HOBBY, does not mean I don't care about "real world" problems. Something that all the idiots out there really need to get through their heads and stop using that tired line.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived