CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
1 year ago#141
AceMos posted...
AfroPrime posted...
Let's keep pretending that women don't objectify men on sight just as much as we objectify them.
I'll meet you all at Never Never land.

i dont

Oh good, then try to remember that it's not evil, and carry on.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#142
Zonbei posted...
SpreadManning posted...
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

There wasn't a female Link for the previous games.

Damn SJW's....ruining everything.

This. Social justice bitterbeards just wanted something to b**** about.

Oh damn. You caught us. I just enjoy complaining about ANYTHING, and I just happened to specifically choose female representation in gaming on a whim. It has nothing to do with any actual values and principals that matter to me. You've figured us social justice warriors out, you masterful detective.

And my values tell me that artists should hold up an amount of stubbornness and do what they want with their IPs without being called out as sexist or disgusting for it.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
1 year ago#143
Quiet_Noise posted...
People aren't clamoring for a male Samus, and her personality and characteristics are as blank of a slate as Link's save Other M, which the fanbase widely regards as, well ... awful.

People aren't clamoring for a male bayonetta (and they never should) but your samus quote was a better comparison.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#144
TheY2AProblem posted...
I might be in the small minority here, but why is the existence or the non-existence of a playable female character a big deal?

It's a big deal to some people because it would make a lot of people feel included and represented in an industry where they are often sexualized and made into jokes. It would allow little girls all over the world to pick up this game and see themselves in the hero, see that girls like them can be heroes too, not just damsels to be saved. It matters because it represents a shift towards equality in a male dominated gaming culture.

Why it matters to the people who are against it though, I have no clue. As no one has ever explained it satisfactorily, I can only assume sexism is the reason.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#145
uh im saying i dont objectifi men at all
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Randomtastic

Randomtastic
1 year ago#146
I'm more annoyed that we were thiiiiiiiis close to having a playable Zelda in the mainstream games then gender swapping Link. Though I have seen him as an actual character and not an avatar, like say Robin, Corrin, or the Pokemon trainer where you can change the gender of the character.
Reading comprehension should be a necessity, not a pleasantry.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#147
AceMos posted...
uh im saying i dont objectifi men at all

Good, and not all men objectify women for wanting a male character to stay a male.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

Zonbei
1 year ago#148
Jakerific44 posted...
No one has given a good reason for Link to turn female other than 'it's sexist not to' or 'more options' or 'why not?'

Because it backtracks to Link being more of an avatar like the olden days, as mentioned a billion times.

"It's a big deal to some people because it would make a lot of people feel included and represented in an industry where they are often sexualized and made into jokes. It would allow little girls all over the world to pick up this game and see themselves in the hero, see that girls like them can be heroes too, not just damsels to be saved. It matters because it represents a shift towards equality in a male dominated gaming culture."

Many people have given many good reasons. Here's one that I typed up in two seconds. There are even better and more informed opinions out there than mine.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#149
here is aqustion why even keep link asa mute at this point if he is not ment to be a avatar
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

Zonbei
1 year ago#150
Rizeroth posted...
Quiet_Noise posted...
People aren't clamoring for a male Samus, and her personality and characteristics are as blank of a slate as Link's save Other M, which the fanbase widely regards as, well ... awful.

People aren't clamoring for a male bayonetta (and they never should) but your samus quote was a better comparison.

It's almost as if there's a gender imbalance in gaming, and people want a shift towards equal representation, not away from it.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived