Interactive Guide to Halo's Story *Spoilers* *Long*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Interactive Guide to Halo's Story *Spoilers* *Long*

User Info: SoundNetwork

SoundNetwork
4 years ago#111
oh

User Info: SFFSteven

SFFSteven
4 years ago#112
Here are some questions I would like answered.
Halo Reach

1)If Noble is a team, as Carter claims, and "that lone wolf stuff stays behind" why does Six spend most of the game acting on his/her own or with only token assistance from one or two other Spartans or hapless regular infantry?
2)How did that one Elite Zealot blow past Emille when he was guarding a closed, locked door?
3)Why do the guns all change sizes? They look the same on the ground as they do in a Spartan's hands, but the second any other human picks one up, it shrinks to about 2/3 the 'correct' size. Is this some kind of technology like they have in Mass Effect?
4)How do you hide a ship the size of a small planet, and why would you sneak it into atmosphere at all?
5)Who thought a hoard-attack of jeeps a valid military strategy?
6)Why did the Savannah decide on "Halting all countermeasures, diverting power to weapons," after Noble Six and their group successfully boarded the Covenenant Corvette? Was the captain feeling suicidal or did he decide to try and destroy the ship that was in the process of being captured by friendly forces?
7)Why did they need to use the Savannah's slip-space drive when the Corvette a)presumably has one and b) can be given complex commands by an intruder with just the push of a button?
8)Why were the pilots of state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind space fighters thrown away as infantry in a boarding action?
9)Why don't any of the human soldiers have qualms about shooting themselves in the face and friends in the back?

Halo 4
1)I thought Cortana was a Forerunner AI, a game-changer on the level of the conical bullet and faster than light travel. What was the point of the last game's final chapters if she was just another human-made AI with a pre-installed meltdown programmed in?
2)Why are the Elites with the Covenant again?
3)Why was I led to believe that humans were Forerunner in previous games -even to the point of being told this outright?
4)Why does the Diadect, with all his uber mensch capability, keep picking up the Master Chief and tossing him around like a ragdoll, instead of just killing him outright?
5)Why is all the new Spartan equipment backwards compatible with the dated Master Chief?
My opinions sometimes masquerade as facts. You have been warned.

User Info: COG_Killa

COG_Killa
4 years ago#113
SFFSteven posted...
Here are some questions I would like answered.

Halo Reach
1)Just circumstance. He can't very well force himself to drop from orbit into a group of friendlies.
2)Now that's an oversight, never thought of that.
3)I've never seen this. If it does happen, it's most likely just for a gameplay reason, so the guns don't look too big/small.
4)There are no ships of that size in this game. Are you talking about the Autumn? They needed to get Cortana off planet.
5)Perhaps it was just a small part of the bigger plan.
6)I believe the countermeasures were in place to let the sabres slip aboard, then diverted power to weapons in order to put up a fight against a corvette that in the process of being destroyed. The savannah would've likely been destroyed much earlier had it tried to run.
7)Who knows, they could've stolen that baby. Perhaps they figured other ships would destroy it before it was captured.
8)They can always make more.
9)Game AI limitations/oversights.
Halo 4
1)Where does it say that cortana is a forerunner AI? The "meltdown" isn't programmed in. It's a limitation of Human-made AIs that hasn't really been overcome yet.
2)They're a faction of elites of that still hate humans. It's explained more in the books, but that's stupid, I know.
3)You know, I used to think the same thing. It's just that humans are the inheritors of the duty of the forerunner (protectors of the galaxy, I think), even if they don't know it.
4)I guess that's just how he is. "He's no threat, no need to waste my time energy" sort of thing.
5)Cortana upgrades his suit somehow, I don't know how.
Proud supporter of the Halo 4 GFaqs message board. Yes, even Rageface

SFFSteven
4 years ago#114
COG_Killa posted...

1)Just circumstance. He can't very well force himself to drop from orbit into a group of friendlies.
3)I've never seen this. If it does happen, it's most likely just for a gameplay reason, so the guns don't look too big/small.
4)There are no ships of that size in this game. Are you talking about the Autumn? They needed to get Cortana off planet.
6)I believe the countermeasures were in place to let the sabres slip aboard, then diverted power to weapons in order to put up a fight against a corvette that in the process of being destroyed. The savannah would've likely been destroyed much earlier had it tried to run.
7)Who knows, they could've stolen that baby. Perhaps they figured other ships would destroy it before it was captured.
Halo 4
1)Where does it say that cortana is a forerunner AI? The "meltdown" isn't programmed in. It's a limitation of Human-made AIs that hasn't really been overcome yet.
2)They're a faction of elites of that still hate humans. It's explained more in the books, but that's stupid, I know.
3)You know, I used to think the same thing. It's just that humans are the inheritors of the duty of the forerunner (protectors of the galaxy, I think), even if they don't know it.
4)I guess that's just how he is. "He's no threat, no need to waste my time energy" sort of thing.

Halo Reach
3)You're probably right. The question wasn't meant to be taken seriously though. I'm sorry for being a twit.
4)I was referring to the Covenant Super Carrier
6)The Corvette was in the process of being boarded by Nobles 5 and Six as part of Kat's plan for taking out the previously mentioned Super Carrier.
8)I'm sorry, was this you reciprocating my tongue-in-cheek or were you being serious?
Halo 4
1)This is more than than directly implied by Halsey in "The Package" chapter of Halo Reach. I also seem to recall Cortana herself declaring that the self-destruct was deliberately programmed in 4, but I don't remember for certain. You may be correct.
2)I can't tell you how elated I am that we agree on this.
3)Maybe according to 343 Industries, a group of people which, like the assorted Halo novelists, has apparently never actually played any of the previous Halo games.

User Info: SrgtStalker

SrgtStalker
4 years ago#115
SFFSteven posted...
COG_Killa posted...

Halo 4

Halo Reach
3)You're probably right. The question wasn't meant to be taken seriously though. I'm sorry for being a twit.
4)I was referring to the Covenant Super Carrier
6)The Corvette was in the process of being boarded by Nobles 5 and Six as part of Kat's plan for taking out the previously mentioned Super Carrier.
8)I'm sorry, was this you reciprocating my tongue-in-cheek or were you being serious?
Halo 4
1)This is more than than directly implied by Halsey in "The Package" chapter of Halo Reach. I also seem to recall Cortana herself declaring that the self-destruct was deliberately programmed in 4, but I don't remember for certain. You may be correct.
2)I can't tell you how elated I am that we agree on this.
3)Maybe according to 343 Industries, a group of people which, like the assorted Halo novelists, has apparently never actually played any of the previous Halo games.

Cortana was never implied to be a forerunner AI, Halsey just put the info an data from the forerunner artifacts ino her. Cortana is a copy of Halsey's brain.
And as far as the human AI going insane, in 4 it there was a data log suggesting they found a "cure" for the AI to keep them from going insane. It's implied that the AI that it was tested on was Cortana and that it worked, but in the game it's clearly otherwise. I have a theory where instead of going completely insane or being completely cured, it's now more of an "AI period."
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?

SFFSteven
4 years ago#116
SrgtStalker posted...
Cortana was never implied to be a forerunner AI, Halsey just put the info an data from the forerunner artifacts ino her. Cortana is a copy of Halsey's brain.

Emille
What is this stuff?

Halsey
Knowledge. A birthright from an ancient civilization. This AI is its custodian, and she has chosen you as her couriers.

It's ambiguous, but leading. The fact that Cortana is the only AI with a 'physical' presence in the games is also suggestive, as is the way that she's allowed to make decisions.
Emille
Chosen? By an AI?

In fact, everything about that scene screams the AI is something earth-shatteringly special, but nothing suggests she's special, just because she's some old bitty's ego-prototype.

Some more questions:
1.) How is it that a single shot from the sniper rifle can pierce multiple Elite targets standing in a line, without ever defeating their shields?
2.) What is the mechanism that guides globs of Covenant plasma after it has been fired?
3.) If Cortana really is based on Halsey's personality... why isn't she an ironclad b****?

User Info: SrgtStalker

SrgtStalker
4 years ago#117
SFFSteven posted...
SrgtStalker posted...

Emille
What is this stuff?

Halsey
Knowledge. A birthright from an ancient civilization. This AI is its custodian, and she has chosen you as her couriers.

It's ambiguous, but leading. The fact that Cortana is the only AI with a 'physical' presence in the games is also suggestive, as is the way that she's allowed to make decisions.
Emille
Chosen? By an AI?

In fact, everything about that scene screams the AI is something earth-shatteringly special, but nothing suggests she's special, just because she's some old bitty's ego-prototype.

Some more questions:
1.) How is it that a single shot from the sniper rifle can pierce multiple Elite targets standing in a line, without ever defeating their shields?
2.) What is the mechanism that guides globs of Covenant plasma after it has been fired?
3.) If Cortana really is based on Halsey's personality... why isn't she an ironclad b****?

1) Most likely just gameplay reasons
2) I believe it was explained in one of the early books but it's been a while since I've read them
3) You're gonna have to elaborate a little bit more on that
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?

User Info: WARRlOR

WARRlOR
4 years ago#118
people actually post in this topic LOL NERDS
https://vine.co/v/hiJwPeFPheI
My key is Hi, My Swaga is Lo. GT: yPPoLs
(message deleted)

User Info: SoundNetwork

SoundNetwork
4 years ago#120
if you're going to call this an interactive guide, then you should be interacting with us more often!
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Interactive Guide to Halo's Story *Spoilers* *Long*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.