• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Can you make snow fall in a snowless section of map?
killmotron 9 years ago#1
if so how? google isn't showing anyhing but snow golems.
if you are reading this there is now a bear behind you.
i am the greatest!
WHLTE_RLDER 9 years ago#2
What do you think?

Can you make it rain in a rainless area?

Intact, can you make it rain or snow at all?

No.
GT: WHLTE RLDER
Lavigny's Legion Praetor - Velite X Squadron Leader.
Divided_By_One 9 years ago#3
You can place fallen snow in creative or snow blocks (two seperate things, both available).
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
fkdfeller 9 years ago#4
you can make a snow golem and he will coat the ground in snow
rusrs?
Terantatek 9 years ago#5
I love how people answer with work arounds when its not the same. Im sure he specifically picked "snow fall" as his words. Placing blocks is not snow falling on the ground.

So to answer your question TC, no, you cannot. We aren't able to change biomes which would be the end product of what you're asking. Snow falling on a block is like a block of grass being dark green. It won't change to light green because its biome makes it dark. A biome is a chunk of blocks with the same properties. You can't change those properties. If you cover up all the snow in a snow biome with a different block, as long as its not a light source; it will eventually have snow fall on it. There's no changing this. The roof will always be susceptible to snow unless it is a snow source.
"Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden.
I will meet you there." -Rumi
ZosKiaCultus 9 years ago#6
No
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
fkdfeller 9 years ago#7
Terantatek posted...
I love how people answer with work arounds when its not the same. Im sure he specifically picked "snow fall" as his words. Placing blocks is not snow falling on the ground.

So to answer your question TC, no, you cannot. We aren't able to change biomes which would be the end product of what you're asking. Snow falling on a block is like a block of grass being dark green. It won't change to light green because its biome makes it dark. A biome is a chunk of blocks with the same properties. You can't change those properties. If you cover up all the snow in a snow biome with a different block, as long as its not a light source; it will eventually have snow fall on it. There's no changing this. The roof will always be susceptible to snow unless it is a snow source.

We all knew you can not change the biome so we are trying our best to give TC some alternatives, god forbid we try to help out instead of being pompous and saying NO NO YOU CANT TC OMGAWDDD DO YOU EVEN GOOGLE??
rusrs?
happysteve789 9 years ago#8
fkdfeller posted...
Terantatek posted...

We all knew you can not change the biome so we are trying our best to give TC some alternatives, god forbid we try to help out instead of being pompous and saying NO NO YOU CANT TC OMGAWDDD DO YOU EVEN GOOGLE??

I would rather get no answer at all then get a stupid answer
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But a far more terrible thing, is to admit it."
Terantatek 9 years ago#9
happysteve789 posted...
fkdfeller posted...
Terantatek posted...

I would rather get no answer at all then get a stupid answer

This
"Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden.
I will meet you there." -Rumi
Divided_By_One 9 years ago#10
Th first guy already said no. At least I didn't simply repeat info he already had. If I asked whether or not something could be done and the answer was "No", I'd prefer to have alternatives. Apparently, you'd prefer to be told "No" repeatedly. Whatever.
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Can you make snow fall in a snowless section of map?
  • Topic Archived