• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  3. Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary?

User Info: gavynray123

gavynray123
4 years ago#1
I am looking to get one. I've never played the original halo, so I am wondering which version I should get. To help you guys help me, I'll explain my opinions and preferences. I LOVE halo: combat evolved's (the original) announcer! It's my favorite of them all. And, even if it's all the same guy, his youngest version is my favorite. If there is on-disc multiplayer with the same voice actor on the Anniversary, that'll tip it a little more towards Anniversary.
I'll only get the Anniversary if it has on-disc custom games. I know combat evolved original has them, but I don't know if the anniversary does, considering I've heard of the CE Anniversary Map Pack for halo reach, which I also have, but I have no internet to download it. Meaning, if that's the only multiplayer CE Anniversary has, it's completely lost it's edge.
And finally, if they changed anything about campaign besides graphics, skulls, and terminals, I absolutely won't get it. I only play remakes of games if it's EXACTLY the same as the original, besides graphics and, depending, the possible addition of new features in gameplay. Change anything other than that, and I won't buy it. This includes: dialougue, lines, glitches (this one isn't really required but it is my preference that they stay unfixed, like Ocarina of Time 3D, where only game-breaking glitches were removed, and some other cool ones were unintentionally added), but I already know that CE Anniversary keeps all the Campaign glitches in. Please let me know as soon as you can! Thanks!!!!!
This part of gavynray123's quote has been removed because it never existed.
My 3DS FC: 4184-1465-5112 I'm online on ssb4 sometimes Ssb4 mains: Link, Marth, LM

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 years ago#2
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
I didnt have any issues with it.
.The One ... [ este914 ] ... The Only.
Knowledge Speaks. Wisdom Listens.

User Info: gavynray123

gavynray123
4 years ago#3
Sorry... I should have closed this... I already chose original since it has on-disc multiplayer... But I'm starting to regret it. I am on the latest dashboard version, with a disc that has several light scratches all around the disc. I assume that's not damaging. They're actually so light of scratches, that you have to shine them in the light to see them clearly. Anyway, my issue is that it freezes every time I try to start a match of splitscreen anything (Excluding all cooperative campaign). This includes every map, every gametype. As soon as I select the gametype, the screen/game 'freezes'. What I mean, is that I can hit the green X and the dashboard noise appears, but I can't do anything with it, and the green X doesn't activate or deactivate it anymore. But, besides that, as soon as I select the gametype, even if I don't hit the green X, the game is COMPLETELY unresponsive. I literally have to either turn off my Xbox or open the disc drive just to keep it responsive after I hit that gametype. But, I suspect it to be the fact that I didn't load up the game with Xbox live. It probably would have prompted me to download the drivers needed for its multiplayer if I had. But, then again, (semi-long story time that only explains what I'm getting to) I bought it off Ebay in a bundle with Halo 2, and its multiplayer works just fine. It did have one time where it kinda froze up on the 'players loading map.....' text, but that's about it (semi-long story time over yaaaay!). Anyway, if it's working for halo 2, maybe it's my CE :(... >=[ Maybe I made the wrong choice if halo CE's custom games aren't compatible on 360... Here's the link to my other thread on this subject if you are able to help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/472132-halo-combat-evolved/71459204
This part of gavynray123's quote has been removed because it never existed.
My 3DS FC: 4184-1465-5112 I'm online on ssb4 sometimes Ssb4 mains: Link, Marth, LM
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  3. Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary?
  • Topic Archived