• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. I don't really like first person shooters...

User Info: N7Spectre707

N7Spectre707
8 years ago#1
But DAMN. This game is fun. I've barely gotten my feet wet and I am addicted to this. Hunting and gathering somehow doesn't feel like a chore but is fun and exciting. The ability to be stealthy really gives this game it's own feel as a fps, and the upgrade system is cool, there's always a reason to keep progressing. So glad I picked this up.
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.

User Info: Gold25one

Gold25one
8 years ago#2
If you like the stealth in this i recommend dishonored

User Info: Perfect Light

Perfect Light
8 years ago#3
I normally hate FPS games, but Far Cry 3 is BY FAR my game of the year. I've never had this much fun with an FPS, the sense of freedom is incredible.
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new

N7Spectre707
8 years ago#4
Gold25one posted...

Yeah I've been looking at that as well. I normally avoid games like call of duty, battlefield and halo. But I had a lot of fun with borderlands 1 and 2 and now this game.
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.

User Info: dan77733

dan77733
8 years ago#5
I hate the FPS genre in general because I dont like the fact that I cant see the entire character that im playing as. I have only played three FPS ever. First was Jurassic: The Hunted a few years ago which I actually finished. Second was Deus Ex: Human Revolution but I couldnt get into that because of the perspective and because of the aiming/shooting. Third first person shooter that I have played is obviously Far Cry 3 which quite honestly, is one hell of a game. I'm trying to get used to the first person perspective but in general, this game is damn good. Not perfect (no game was, is or ever will be) but definitely close.

The tension is probably the best in any game that I have ever played. One part where I was in a jeep and being chased by the pirates in their own jeep, I tried making a sharp turn on the bridge and flipped/fell off the side and into the water. The pirates followed me but as far as I could tell, died in the water. It was tense because I was expecting them to come after me in the water but nope. Another part was when hunting the dogs early in the game. After I killed them, I then skinned them and while doing this, I was being attacked from behind. I thought it was pirates or them shooting at me but instead, it was two komodo dragons kicking my ass. I ran and they chased after me almost killing me but thankfully, I survived, shot and killed them both and then skinned their ass.

It's stuff like that, that makes me want to keep playing despite not liking the perspective. Hopefully, I'll be able to playthrough this game and then Deus Ex. :)

N7Spectre707
8 years ago#6
I'm the same way, I much more prefer third person perspective. In fallout 3 and NV I played in 3rd person despite it being clunky and obviously meant to be played first person. Still, this game is just too good.
---

User Info: Ehw1

Ehw1
8 years ago#7
Not perfect (no game was, is or ever will be) but definitely close.

Super Mario RPG for SNES
I am from Beyond. Slay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours.

User Info: PhoenixAssassin

PhoenixAssassin
8 years ago#8
Gold25one posted...
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak

User Info: PhoenixAssassin

PhoenixAssassin
8 years ago#9
N7Spectre707 posted...
Gold25one posted...

Yeah I've been looking at that as well. I normally avoid games like call of duty, battlefield and halo. But I had a lot of fun with borderlands 1 and 2 and now this game.
---

same for me. I mostly use the bow. Dont really like the feel of the guns
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. I don't really like first person shooters...
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Beginning tipsthedoctor201437/22 4:52PM

GameFAQs Q&A