• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. lost letters not appearing
Nephelem101 4 years ago#1
Hi All

Im playing FC3 for the first time and i was wondering would any one be able to tell me why when you go to the lost letter location, it appears on your map and mini map but is not there to pickup ie. There is no body to loot for the letters.

Please help
offalrolfing 4 years ago#2
Nephelem,
are you using the waypoint cursor to check the altitude of the lost letter? The world map & mini map do not display or indicate altitude. If you only use the maps to locate items, you can be standing on top of a hill, it looks like Brody is right on top of the item, but there is nothing of interest at your feet, while the item is meters below you in a cave. You can set a waypoint on the item, selecting it w/the cursor on the world map & pressing square. Exit the world map & if you have some distance from the item you are trying to find, the cursor will indicate if the item is above or below you. I have come across a few loot chests that seem to be invisible & non-interact-able but have not had any problems w/lost letters.
best of luck
Nephelem101 4 years ago#3
offalrolfing posted...
Nephelem,
are you using the waypoint cursor to check the altitude of the lost letter? The world map & mini map do not display or indicate altitude. If you only use the maps to locate items, you can be standing on top of a hill, it looks like Brody is right on top of the item, but there is nothing of interest at your feet, while the item is meters below you in a cave. You can set a waypoint on the item, selecting it w/the cursor on the world map & pressing square. Exit the world map & if you have some distance from the item you are trying to find, the cursor will indicate if the item is above or below you. I have come across a few loot chests that seem to be invisible & non-interact-able but have not had any problems w/lost letters.
best of luck

offalrolfing,

thanks alot i will give it a try when im on again to see if it appears. Ill let you know
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. lost letters not appearing
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A