• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokedex 3D
  3. Pokedex AR Image Generator

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
10 years ago#1
I've got it (more-or-less) finished! Download it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HYRWJ3R9

It's supposed to display Pokedex numbers in all the Pokedexes. Thing is, only National/Kanto and Unova are coded in; the data files for the other three Pokedexes are blank for now. Still, now you can easily create an AR image for any Pokemon ever (though 496 of them don't work...)

Q: What is "Copy to clipboard?"

After you press that button, go to the image editing program of your choice and select "Paste". Now you can arrange, resize, and print out the images!

Q: In the dropdown box of Pokemon, there is a "*COPY*" and a "*RANDOM*". What are these for?

They'll show you images for duplicating another Pokemon card, or for showing a random Pokemon. There's more than one of each, and they're selected randomly.

Q: So why, when I select "Sawsbuck (Winter)", does it say the National Pokedex number is 720 in the text box?

Because that's the number the system associates with the winter form of Sawsbuck. The actual info window will give his appropriate Pokedex number of 586.

Q: How do you know the codes for all these Pokemon if they don't work?

Because the image is made with simple mathematics based on National Pokedex numbers. I reverse-engineered it. I'm also GUESSING the numbers for all the formes not currently programmed in (which is why they all say "Presumed").

Q: Why is (this Pokemon) showing up as a silhouette?

Except for Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram, and Zekrom, all Pokemon will appear as silhouettes until they're registered in your Pokedex properly.

I know of one bug, but it's minor and you're unlikely to hit it by accident: if you drag the window halfway off the screen and "Copy to Clipboard", you'll only get half the image. Best way to avoid this is not to do that.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: DStone39

DStone39
10 years ago#2
Downloaded and very nice... Checked it up against the random AR marker I have on my phone (best I can do until someone makes a free Android app for it). Can't actually test it because I don't have the Pokedex yet, unfortunately.
XBL GT: and PSN ID: DStone39
*The above post may contain an abnormal amount of ellipses...*

User Info: CO Mel

CO Mel
10 years ago#3
So far so good. Works for me.
'Somebody gonna get hurt real bad!'
Says the Samurai to his bastard ninja son - D&D3.5

jayman7
10 years ago#4
I updated it with the JHS Pokedex numbers. Also made a couple of minor changes (the only one that really matters is that the "Unova only" checkbox is now checked instead of unchecked when you open the app.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNSYN5HQ

User Info: Qax

Qax
10 years ago#5
Great job on it jayman7!
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
(message deleted)

User Info: sloevenh1

sloevenh1
10 years ago#7
Sweet, even works natively on Linux (using Mono). Thanks jayman7
http://www.rpgameplace.de/ (warning: freaky language)

User Info: Phazeta

Phazeta
10 years ago#8
Very nice. This will come in handy for getting the stickers for the daily Pokémon.

Here's some "bugs" I found. If you type a 0 for the first number, it enters a 1 with a space behind it. If you type in a number with a space in between two digits, it crashes.

jayman7
10 years ago#9
Phazeta posted...
If you type a 0 for the first number, it enters a 1 with a space behind it.

This isn't a bug, at least not as far as changing to 1 is concerned. The code doesn't allow for a number smaller than 1. It also won't let you sneak in a number greater than 1024. As for the space, Visual Studio forces that in. I wish there was a quick and easy way to fix that.

If you type in a number with a space in between two digits, it crashes.

This, however...

I fixed the "space between two digits" thing on my local machine. I suppose one way to resolve the first issue without the space or throwing off people who like leading zeroes is to simply do nothing if the number is zero (I can't just calculate the image for zero - it doesn't work that way.)

jayman7
10 years ago#10
Bumping. lordbel89 has made an Android app, but it currently only uses the 1-1024 numbers, not Pokemon names.

Anyway, anyone found any errors besides the number things mentioned above? (And the "capture half the image" thing I mentioned that you basically have to TRY to do.)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokedex 3D
  3. Pokedex AR Image Generator
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A