• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokedex 3D
  3. AR code cracked

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
10 years ago#1
There MIGHT BE MISTAKES but so far this has worked.

The grids are 6x6 squares, only the outer rim is all-black, so you're really worrying about 4x4. The outer rim must be surrounded by white. Set up this pattern in the middle:

WBBB
WBBB
WWBB
BBBB

If I'm not mistaken, this is the HYPOTHETICAL pattern for Bulbasaur. Yup, good old #1 in the National. It doesn't work, you'll notice. Yeah, only Unova Pokemon are available for now. And the three event legendaries that GameFreak hasn't officially announced yet are out too, just Victini through Kyurem through now. So, now then, let's say this is the grid:

ABCD
EFGH
IJKL
MNOP

Take the National Pokedex number of the Pokemon you want.

If it is greater than 512 (that's greater than, NOT equal to!), flip F and K (I think, hard to determine with only Unovas), and then subtract 512. Otherwise, skip this step.

If the number you now have is greater than 256, I kinda have to make a guess (there are no Pokemon with National numbers of 768!), but I believe you'd have to flip B and I. Again, don't quote me on this, I could be off base. Subtract 256 now.

If the current number is greater than 128, flip H and I and subtract 128.

If the current number is greater than 64, flip I and O and subtract 64.

If the current number is greater than 32, flip C and E and subtract 32.

If the current number is greater than 16, flip E and L and subtract 16.

If the current number is greater than 8, flip E and N and subtract 8.

If the current number is greater than 4, flip A and D and subtract 4.

If the current number is greater than 2, flip A and P and subtract 2.

If the current number is greater than 1, flip A and M.

Formes I'm still working on. Female Unfezant is #727, but I couldn't make sense of the other formes I looked at; they didn't seem to fit a number (of course, it's possible I'm just sleepy and made some stupid mistake when trying to work them out.)

#1000 is a blank Pokeball. #1001 and #1005 (and maybe everything past #1000, though it maxes at #1024) shows you any random Pokemon you have.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

jayman7
10 years ago#2
Okay, now that I've had a little sleep, here's another way to put it, and this can help reverse the process:

G and J are always black and white, respectively. They are used to orient the image.

White F and K are 512 (both of them, so as not to interfere with the image orientation.)

B is 256

H is 128

O is 64

C is 32

L is 16

N is 8

D is 4

P is 2

M is 1

A, E, and I are "checksums" - each will be white if an even number of the three blocks they're checking is white, and black otherwise. I checks B, H, and O. E checks C, L, and N. A checks D, P, and M.

After you add together the amounts of every white pixel (except J and the checksums), add 1 and there's your National number.

jayman7
10 years ago#3
So anyway, formes:

Blue Basculin = 713
Zen Mode Darmanitan = 714
Deerling formes = 715, 716, 717
Sawsbuck formes = 718, 719, 720

Female Unfezant = 726 (not 727 as reported above.)
Female Frillish = 727
Female Jellicent = 728

Apparently nothing happens between 721 and 725 - they're likely reserved for Meloetta's Step Forme and Genesect's lights.

jayman7
10 years ago#4
I actually put together a module on my computer that designs the AR code for any number input from 1 to 1024. I have determined that inputs from 1001-1012 all give random Pokemon; entries beyond that don't do anything in particular. 989-1000 all provide the strange black Pokeball; 988 does nothing.

I'm going to try to update this with Pokemon names, which will not be HARD so much as time consuming. Perhaps make them printable without doing Print Screen. Compared with other things I've made, this was not a hard project to rig up.

jayman7
10 years ago#5
Check it out, here's a picture of the module. Got it working by searching the Pokemon names. (It counts formes where the system thinks they belong, not at the actual numbers. For instance, female Unfezant is at "Pokedex number" 726.)

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5436/pokedeximagegen.png

Still some things I want to add: the option to remove non-Unova Pokemon (I list 'em ALL right now), the ability to take a simple capture of the image, that sort of thing. But it works like a charm.

User Info: nickfifteen

nickfifteen
10 years ago#6
I've independently cracked the AR code system and I want to say that it basically matches what I've got (thus far). I got up to the point where I was trying to determine how the check sums work, and then I found this post while trying to search for check sum calculation tips. I initially thought that position A was related to the numbers 2^0 to 2^2, in that the combination of A, D, M and P determined whether it was 1, 2 ... 8.

I look forward to the release of your AR code generator app! If it's possible, could you add something that would produce an Excel-esque sheet which would show the entire list of AR numbers and which Pokemon or other element they are attached to? At least so someone like me doesn't have to go through it one-by-one to see what each element is attached to each number?
http://www.nick15.com - http://www.mooseriver.us/
My Nintendo Wifi nickname is "Nick15.com". Yes, I realize it's a cheap plug for my site.

jayman7
10 years ago#7
Well, the main formes follow the National Pokedex. The alternate formes... I'm kinda guessing at the order right now (except the Unovas, which I listed above). The number of spaces is perfect for everything that has alternate formes to have all of them, from Unown to Arceus, but I don't know that they're necessarily in the right order. So when I finish the app, and the official Pokedex updates, my apologies if "Arceus (Fire)" turns out to actually be "Arceus (Ice)" or "Shaymin (Sky)" or whatever.

Currently, I'm using simple text files to keep all my data. The Pokemon name text file lists everything in order (and thanks to Bulbapedia for arranging their Pokedex pages in grids so I didn't have to copy it all by hand!)

The current app can show any number, 1 to 1024, can search the Pokedex by Pokemon name, can show alternate formes (within my best guesses as to which is which among the non-Unovas), can be set to only show Unova Pokemon (since, after all, the non-Unovas are useless right now), and can copy the AR image (with the Pokemon's name and Pokedex details) into the clipboard so you can put it in the picture editing program of your choice to print out or whatever. Not bad for an evening's work.

By this point, pretty much the only stuff I want to program in but haven't is aesthetic. For instance, I currently put National and Unova Pokedex numbers into the big image. I could add Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, but I haven't yet.

But not tonight. I didn't get enough sleep last night and need to make up for it.

User Info: shinjix2

shinjix2
10 years ago#8
You are Great Men doing Great Work!
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2

User Info: Hayleqwyn

Hayleqwyn
10 years ago#9
I just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to your AR code program. From the screenshot you posted, the UI looks great - simple and clean. I hate when people try to make them look really fancy but just end up making it far more confusing than necessary (and I'm a Comp Sci: Game Design major, so it's not like I'm technologically inept =P ). As a side note, any chance you'd be up for making a iPhone/iPod touch app and/or an Android app of it when it's finalized? It would be pretty cool to have it available where ever you go. ^.~
Pokemon White ~~ IGN: Hayley // Friend Code: 3997-5905-9667
FCs for my other games are in my user profile. ~^.^~

jayman7
10 years ago#10
Seeing as how I own no iPod, iPhone, or Android, and have never designed an app for them, I'm going to have to say that's unlikely to come from me in the near future. Sorry.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokedex 3D
  3. AR code cracked
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A