• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your Gaming Day 16?
Nodrog77 3 months ago#1
Hello everyone..in this topic we talk primarily about the highlight of our gaming day..what was the best moment you had while gaming today?..thank you for participating and...enjoy..😃
Current favorites- GTA III Def Ed(NS), GTA San Andreas Dsf EdNS), Doom 3(NS), Saint's Row 4(NS), GTA IV(XSX), Paper Mario The Origami King(NS)
(edited 3 months ago)
darthcorpse 3 months ago#2
Wow, on to number 16!

@JumpyLion posted last in the last topic and said about enjoying being a part of it. I totally agree and am happy we have had a bunch of new people join in. So nice to have this island of positivity!

Not a lot from me today, I just played some Bloodrayne and died on the way to the next level because of the toxic swamp water I was stupidly trying to jump through. But I know exactly what to do now so should be able to blast through next time. It is a really gritty feeling action horror game. It isn't scary though because you play a pretty scary character. I'm glad I picked this game up, I just wish I had the GameCube version rather than the PS2 one. I tend to favour the GC if I can...Just such a joy to play.

I am looking forward to smashing my way through the games I'm working on right now this weekend, though I'm also doing some recording for my musical project on Saturday.

What are you all doing for the weekend?
Now playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS/Wii U), Summoner 2 (PS2) and Alone in the Dark 2008 (Wii)
(edited 3 months ago)
Nodrog77 3 months ago#3
What are you all doing for the weekend?-@darthcorpse Well I just realized that I'm on the last boss battle in Marvel's Spider-Man & now while I might have shot myself in the foot by not boosting up my Spider-Man, leading up to Doc Oc, I figure if I can beat Rhino & Scorpion(@ the same time) I can beat Doc Oc..so I might b beating Marvel's Spider-Man this weekend..which has been a long time in coming..& subsequently, I might be downloading Spider-Man: Miles Morales to my PS4..

I also really appreciate this topic, in fact, early on I felt so comfortable that I shared some personal information w/ 3 of the topics' early contributors..😀 & I don't regret it..
Current favorites- GTA III Def Ed(NS), GTA San Andreas Dsf EdNS), Doom 3(NS), Saint's Row 4(NS), GTA IV(XSX), Paper Mario The Origami King(NS)
JumpyLion 3 months ago#4
@darthcorpse
I’m probably going camping, and I’m probably going to take my 3DS and play Shovel Knight.
The official Kraid of the Metroid Dread board.
Nodrog77 3 months ago#5
Started Grand Theft Auto V over again, so far beat the 2nd Lamar Mission after the opening sequence..Damn, I forgot how action packed that intro is..I 1st started my original playthrough over 7 years ago.. The 2nd Lamar Mission, where U had to drive after a gu.y, knock him off his motorcycle, & then drive it back along the coastal highway to the carwash was a huge highlight for me today..
(edited 3 months ago)
TldrReturns 3 months ago#6
Still plugging away at Death Stranding on PS5. Completed episode 5 today and it was a doozy. Honestly I’m mostly enjoying the game though. It’s very relaxing, walking through the massive open world alone, and just listening to the music or the rain. It’s a good game to play before sleeping, and that’s not a diss.
tldr
Nodrog77 3 months ago#7
Played a LOT..beat about 3/4s of Chapter 3 in Ninja Gaiden II-then beat one of the Cruller Missions; in Psychonauts 2..then advanced Life is Strange 2, then beat a really awesome(& challenging) mission in Grand Theft Auto V..Lately, I've been enjoying gaming more-love my Series X..also unlocked 3 cheevos..2 in NGII & 1 in Psychonauts II.
TC2Kevin 3 months ago#8
Got past the next boss in Ni No Kuni and found a fairy town. Now I’m getting the snot beat out of me by a jellyfish boss.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
darthcorpse 3 months ago#9
@Nodrog77 congrats on getting close to the end in Spider Man. I bet you can beat Doc Oc! Also isn't Ninja Gaiden crazy hard? Well done for getting into it. Of the new Ninja Gaiden stuff, I have 3 on Wii U, which I am looking forward to playing more of at some point. Since the original for the NES I have loved the IP.
@JumpyLion have fun camping! I really must play Shovel Knight someday...I'm sure with its retro 16 bit style I would love it.

@TldrReturns nice to hear your thoughts on Death Stranding. I'm looking forward to playing it at some point! I know it's a bit divisive, but I like games that try something new, and even when it doesn't quite work out (which I'm sure isn't the case here), I try to appreciate the efforts of the devs.

@TC2Kevin good luck with that jellyfish! I love Studio Ghibli, so I should play that some time too.

My playtime tonight was productive. I finished 2 more levels in Bloodrayne, and am probably up to a boss fight or the next area now... I quite like the atmosphere they created in the Louisiana swamps, but it will be fun to see a new location now.
I am liking the game, though I had a slightly tedious time destroying a nest in the last level.

I also played some Pokken Tournament. I decided I needed to just try the game rather than try and learn it again in the tutorial. So I fought my way up through the first batch of opponents in the Green League, and I have to say... definite highlight. I am starting to pick up the nuances of the controls, and it's feeling more fluid to me, and like there is some depth there. I am playing as Garchomp and enjoying it. Of course the first fights are super easy, so I'm anticipating frustration down the line lol.

I then played the MK9 demo again, which is really fun. I'll get it properly someday.

And then I finished with an attempt to play One Piece Pirate Warriors. I think I soft locked myself though...So I am not sure how to progress without restarting the level, if I can be bothered. It is a super fun game, but there are more games on my backlog and I don't want to get held back artificially. I'll do some research and see if I am just missing something.
Now playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS/Wii U), Summoner 2 (PS2) and Alone in the Dark 2008 (Wii)
Nodrog77 3 months ago#10
Played a level, the 5th or 6th in Halo CE AE,the Library..it was kinda fun to play Halo for the 1st time in nearly 5 years..it was a boring level, though..just crazy repetitive..
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the highlight of your Gaming Day 16?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A