• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Games that should've been on the Wii U
In the case I was Iwata or Reggie I would have gone after the following to ensure Wii U releases. I will present my reasons why.

Hyperdimension Neptunia - Nintendo were clearly fitting for this type of game and it matches their style perfectly. I understand Compile wanted to stay in Sony's good books at the time but this really wasn't expensive and they could have funded a port themselves.

Senran Kagura - See Neptunia but the blockade known as Sony was gone.

Grand Theft Auto V - What can you say here? All the rumors and stories were pointing to it like the stars were aligning. And it turned out Nintendo really honest and truthfully let the BIGGEST multiplat pass by their system. It was almost too perfect an oppurtunity for them. It was releasing right as their system was. In everything they dropped the ball in this was by far the stupidest. The reason some of us believed the rumors was because we thought Nintendo would have paid for it themselves if need be.

Tomb Raider - My logic, if Square Enix are still not going to give you mainline Final Fantasy you go after their biggest western game to build your relationship. Again it was a big name multiplat launching as their system was being prepared. And yet the SE game they got was a remake of a 2 year old game which was not even a major name.

Destiny - Regardless of what you think about the series now you need to put yourselves in the shoes back then. Bungie going multiplat was a major deal and their big new IP would have helped Wii U because it would show an expanding company is willing to include you.

Mass Effect Trilogy - Release the whole package or don't release at all.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Yes this because it was basically the FighterZ of the generation and had Pheonix Wright who had been considered for Tatsunoko.

Dragons Dogma - I have a very good reason for this. I think Monster Hunter 3 should have been on 3DS only and the rest of the money go into a port of this game. Being on Wii U could have given the game a chance to shine with less competition. Basically while I understood the logic in getting MH3 on Wii U as well I think they picked the wrong one.

Aliens Colonial Marines, Bioshock Infinite, Castlevania Lords 2, Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 - The promise. Between E3 2011 and release time some company reps had come out and confirmed the existence of ports of these and we never even got what we were promised initially. Whatever you think of the first game we were still promised it and despite being bad it should still have been there.

User Info: RabbitPiston666

RabbitPiston666
4 weeks ago#22
Also these

• Persona Q: Shadows Of The Labyrinth
  • Soul Calibur V
  • Remakes of Binding Blade and Tharacia 776
  • A Max Payne Trilogy
  • The Godfather II
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

User Info: leafsfanatic81

leafsfanatic81
4 weeks ago#23
Just Dance 2020

It came out on Wii so it should have came out on Wii U.

User Info: GSS1-Sirius

GSS1-Sirius
4 weeks ago#24
Mr-Teddy-bear57 posted...
Dragons Dogma - I have a very good reason for this. I think Monster Hunter 3 should have been on 3DS only and the rest of the money go into a port of this game. Being on Wii U could have given the game a chance to shine with less competition. Basically while I understood the logic in getting MH3 on Wii U as well I think they picked the wrong one.

Hell no! Don't get me wrong, I loved DD on Switch. Amazing game but 3U was an absolute heartstealer for me. I played daily for over 2 years and amassed well over 10k hours and still today, I love it fully. Feel an urge to play right now as I type this. 3U is infinitely better than DD and I'm so glad it was on the Wii U. Can't express in words how much that game has meant for me.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

RabbitPiston666
4 weeks ago#25
GSS1-Sirius posted...
Hell no! Don't get me wrong, I loved DD on Switch. Amazing game but 3U was an absolute heartstealer for me. I played daily for over 2 years and amassed well over 10k hours and still today, I love it fully. Feel an urge to play right now as I type this. 3U is infinitely better than DD and I'm so glad it was on the Wii U. Can't express in words how much that game has meant for me.
Why not have both?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
GSS1-Sirius posted...
I mean they put MH3 on Wii U expecting Japan to pick it up like they did 3DS but I think it was a missed oppurtunity to grow the Dogma IP. By picking that instead they sent the wrong message that Wii U includes console owner's needs. Dogma was the big HD IP Capcom wanted to succeed at the time and obviously it flopped but to people who might be interested in Wii U it was another major release that 360/PS3 got but Wii U didn't.

The message Nintendo give by doing it Monster Hunter's way is they want Wii U to share games with 3DS.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 weeks ago#27
A new Punch-Out. It could have been called "Punch-U-Out".
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

RabbitPiston666
4 weeks ago#28
KCJ5062 posted...
A new Punch-Out. It could have been called "Punch-U-Out".
With Mike Tyson

RabbitPiston666
4 weeks ago#29
More games to list

• A proper Animal Crossing game
  • Dark Souls II
  • A Mega Man Collection
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope