• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Games that should've been on the Wii U

User Info: RabbitPiston666

RabbitPiston666
1 month ago#1
The point of this topic is to pick games that were on other systems ranging from the PS3 and 360 to the Switch (3DS also counts too) You can also list games that were either Cancelled or Never Happened

To start this off, here's my list of games that (I think) should've been on the Wii U

• Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3) (The first one, maybe MK2 for a launch title too)
  • A Disgaea double pack featuring Disgaea 1 and 2, maybe another double pack for Disgaea 3 and 4 (Launch Title)
  • The Last Story (Wii) (Should've been a launch title instead of a later Wii game)
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) (This shouldn't have been a 3DS title)
  • Super Street Fighter IV (PS3, 3DS, 360) (This should've been on Wii U instead of the 3DS)
  • GameCube, Gameboy Color, and MSX Virtual Consoles
  • Fallout 3 (PS3, 360, PC) (I guess Todd Howard didn't care for Nintendo at the time)
  • A double pack for Morrowind and Oblivion
  • Fallout: New Vegas (360, PS3, PC) (I will assume that this game would make a Wii U lag, but I still would like it regardless)
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV and it's Apocalypse sequel (3DS)
  • Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (Make it more like it's Dreamcast version)
  • Borderlands 1, 2, and Pre Sequel (PS3, 360, PC) (Borderlands 2 should've been a launch title)
  • A Saints Row double pack with Saints Row 1 and 2 (Considering Saints Row: The Third was remastered for Switch)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV and It's Episodes

That's my list, if you guys have any ideas, list them down below :D

RabbitPiston666
1 month ago#2
Forgot to list these games too, but:

• Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon (3DS) (Since the originals are on 3DS too)
  • Red Dead Redemption (PS3, 360, PC)

User Info: GSS1-Sirius

GSS1-Sirius
1 month ago#3
Pretty much any game announced that got a 360/3 release which the lying 3rd parties deemed the Wii U "too weak" for yet disproved their own lies when releasing games for the Switch.
It was this bullying bulls*** behavior that cost the Wii U its life and people just rolled with it. Makes me sick. Xenoblade X proved more than well what this amazing console could do.

RabbitPiston666
1 month ago#4
GSS1-Sirius posted...
Xenoblade X proved more than well what this amazing console could do.
The Battlefield and Final Destination stage on Smash 4 looked beautiful, although not many would agree

User Info: leafsfanatic81

leafsfanatic81
1 month ago#5
Honestly to this day I'm still shocked that Transformers Devastation never saw a Wii U release

User Info: JumpyLion

JumpyLion
1 month ago#6
Pokémon snap

Four Swords adventures

Tekken 7

Super Mario Odyssey
Currently Playing - Yo Noid (NES)

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
1 month ago#7
leafsfanatic81 posted...
Honestly to this day I'm still shocked that Transformers Devastation never saw a Wii U release

I agree. At the time, I was desperately trying to understand how a cel-shaded action game wasn't given a Wii U release. This, and other games that were released on 360/PS3/Vita but not the Wii U effectively proved that the "power" excuse was B.S. Then, the Wii U's successor console comes along and shatters that entire ideology.

Crisis and Aliens Colonial Marines were intended to be on this platform as well. It's no secret what happened next, and the former was apparently reported to be nearing completion and running despite everything. I'm not sitting here saying that Red Dead Redemption or cyberpunk would've worked on the Wii U, but the fact of the matter is that almost no third party company bothered to even give the system anything of worth after launch---and some didn't even bother then at all and wrote Nintendo off as if they were hoping they/the console would swiftly die.

User Info: leafsfanatic81

leafsfanatic81
1 month ago#8
I mean it doesn't really take a genius to see that the arguement about the console's power is total BS. The Wii U is technically a nore powerful console than the 360 or PS3, maybe by the time that the X1 and PS4 had completely taken over that would make sense. But if it could run smoother versions of games like Batman: Arkham Origins and Mass Effect 3 and was getting 7th gen ports of early 8th gen games like Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Call of Duty: Ghosts then that argument falls apart completely. The Wii U could have easily launched with more ports of late 7th gen games like Skyrim or Borderlands 2, and then could have gotten other late games like GTA V or South Park: The Stick of Truth. The Wii U could have even run the 7th gen ports of Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition or Metal Gear Solid V. I just wish that developers were honest about it and just said that they didn't think that developing for the console would make them any money.

But... lets say by 2015 the Wii U sells triple the units that it did and seems like a profitable console going forward. Devs have to think about how much they want to gut their games. Maybe the Wii U gets Batman: Arkham Knight, but by the time Doom is being developed, they would just have to take too much out to make it work.

My thing with Transformers though is that other Transformers games were release on Wii U, it was family friendly and kids could play it. Just makes no sense to me that it never got that release.
(edited 1 month ago)

RabbitPiston666
1 month ago#9
Remember the Japan exclusive Yakuza 1 + 2 HD?

That should've been localized

RabbitPiston666
1 month ago#10
I feel like Diablo 3 could run on the Wii U
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Games that should've been on the Wii U
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A