• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. With the Wii U deemed obsolete due to Switch Ports, what to do?

User Info: keyboardhero35

keyboardhero35
3 months ago#1
I'm just curious what everyone on here uses their Wii U for since the Switch has ported a majority of 1st party titles. Do you use it to play virtual console games? Are there good WII U exclusives that have not been ported yet? Do tell.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 months ago#2
VC is the big one.

The ability to play Wii discs

and heres the list of remaining exclusives/more copy pasted from previous topics;

Devils 3rd
Game & Wario
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Mario Party 10
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Splatoon 1
NES Remix Pack
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Star Fox 0
Star Fox Guard
Nintendo Land
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water

There are also some games like Super Mario Maker 1 & Yoshis Woolly World, which is the console version (they’re also on the 3DS handheld with some slight differences, like YWW has more levels with Poochy there, etc)

And then some games like Zombie U and NFS:MWU which are not exclusive but make cool use of the Gamepad. Might be worth looking into if you never played before.
---

keyboardhero35
3 months ago#3
Thanks for the list! I appreciate it. I just don’t know what to use my Wii U for considering I have a switch and a majority of games were ported over

EvilResident
3 months ago#4
You could sell it then. If you bundle it with some games I think you could sell it for some nice coin on eBay or the like.

What (physical) games do you own for it?
---

keyboardhero35
3 months ago#5
EvilResident posted...
You could sell it then. If you bundle it with some games I think you could sell it for some nice coin on eBay or the like.

What (physical) games do you own for it?
SSB
Mario Kart
Hyrule Warriors
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD is on console

EvilResident
3 months ago#6
I dunno. I bet you could get some decent $$ for that if your Gamepad is in good condition. Up to you.
---

User Info: Quin1

Quin1
3 months ago#7
Not obsolete in my opinion, not for me anyway, just because some games have been ported over.

Our wiiu library remains as is, haven't re bought anything for the switch that we already had.

I still prefer the feel of the gamepad in my hands over the switch

I play alot of cod online on wiiu

If like me you already own one with a large library i would keep it and just buy new titles on switch.

If you don't own one but are on a budget i would buy one and get the titles you want 2nd hand for a fraction of the price of switch

If you dont own one and are not on a budget just get a switch
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
3 months ago#8
Nothing has convinced me to buy a Switch. I own two games for the Switch (Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey) that aren't ports, but every time that I get the urge to purchase the console. I change my mind.

My Wii U hasn't been powered on in months. I am thinking of putting it back in the box, but seeing as it is the last Nintendo console that I was truly excited for. It is good to see it under the TV with the others.

User Info: cris1ussen

cris1ussen
3 months ago#9
I still play it sometimes, mostly since the online is free and always I find someone to play with either on Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon, or also play some community's levels on Super Mario Maker
AC:NL Dream code (updated version): 4F00-000F-4F10

User Info: ItsATrap888

ItsATrap888
3 months ago#10
I still play Splatoon 1 and Nintendoland on it + other ported games I wouldn't buy again (Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3, MK8)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. With the Wii U deemed obsolete due to Switch Ports, what to do?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A